Solve 3 Optic Problems in 2 Days

• Thread starter djanisf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Optic
In summary, Homework 1 asks about the glass refractive index when the angle of incidence is ? and Homework 2 asks about the position and size of an image of an object if the plane parallel plate of thickness t is introduced between the lenses. Homework 3 asks about an optical system composed of two lenses and asks for the power, focal length, and position of the images of the object.
djanisf
I have 3 questions to solve in 2 days for my coursework.. All the questions are about optical physic, thanks for the answers..

Homework Statement

PROBLEM 1

Refracting prism with the angle O=60° between the refracting surfaces is made of glass with a refractive index n . If the angle of incidence at the first surface of prism is ? the angle of deflection d=42 is minimum ( d=dmin)
Find the glass refractive index n and angle of incidence ?

Homework Equations

n1.sin1=n2.sin2

The Attempt at a Solution

I tried to draw the prism but I couldn't

Homework Statement

PROBLEM 2

Light ray entering normally to the first surface AB of prism is reflected successively at the surfaces AC and BC and refracted at surface AC. Calculate the angles of prism ( a,ß, x ) if the angle of incidence of outgoing ray at the surface AC is zero and the angle between the incoming and outgoing ray is d=44°

Homework Equations

n1.sin1=np.sin2
a+ß + x = 180°

I know i have to use angles but I couldn't draw the prism

Homework Statement

PROBLEM 3

An optical system is composed of two positive thin lenses in air medium at distance d between them. The lenses are made of glass with refractive index n and the radii of curvature for the first lens surfaces are R'1 and R'2 and for the second lens surfaces are R''1 and R''2

a) Find the optical power F1 and F2 and focal length f1' and f2' of each lenses.
b) Calculate the position and size of the image of the object of size Y placed at a distance a1 in front of a first lens
c) Construct the image of the object from 1b) graphically
d) Calculate the new position and size of the image of the object from 1b if the plane parallel plate of thickness t is introduced between the lenses

TABLE 1B
n = 1.7
R'1 = 36.40
R'2 = -36.40
R''1 = 67.20
R''2 = -67.20
d = 48
a1 = -31
Y1 = 10
t = 12

Homework Equations

I tried Bessel's Method to solve this problem but I couldn't, actually I don't know much about this task

-

Physics news on Phys.org
anybody to help ? at least tell me how to start, because really I don't know much about optic

plug in what you know and then isolate for the missing variable. Doing this will allow you to get the correct answer for question number one.

barthayn said:
plug in what you know and then isolate for the missing variable. Doing this will allow you to get the correct answer for question number one.

Thx for the answer but I can't remember anything about optic, those formulas I have written are from internet and old books, I can't find anymore information about this subject

But you know what refraction and reflection is?

For second problem - simply draw a triangle ABC, that's your prism.

Light enters normally - that means it is perpendicular to the surface, so there is no refraction. Draw a line perpendicular to AB. It crosses AC - that's the point where it reflects. Draw reflected ray (easy - angle of incidence equals the angle of reflection). Reflected ray hits BC and reflects - repeat the same procedure. Finally reflected ray gets to AC and exits prism changing direction because of refraction.

Related to Solve 3 Optic Problems in 2 Days

1. What does it mean to "solve 3 optic problems in 2 days"?

"Solving 3 optic problems in 2 days" refers to the process of finding solutions to three different problems related to optics within a span of two days. This could involve using scientific principles and methods to understand and address issues or challenges in the field of optics, such as light, lenses, and vision.

2. Is it possible to solve 3 optic problems in just 2 days?

Yes, it is possible to solve 3 optic problems in 2 days. However, the complexity of the problems and the amount of time it takes to solve them may vary. Some problems may only take a few hours to solve, while others may require more time and effort.

3. What are some examples of optic problems that can be solved in 2 days?

Some examples of optic problems that can be solved in 2 days include calculating the refraction of light through different mediums, designing and optimizing lens systems, and troubleshooting issues with imaging devices. These problems require a combination of theoretical knowledge and practical skills to solve.

4. What are the benefits of solving optic problems in 2 days?

Solving optic problems in 2 days can help to improve our understanding of optics and how it applies to various technologies and industries. It also allows for faster problem-solving and innovation in the field, leading to potential advancements and improvements in areas such as healthcare, telecommunications, and manufacturing.

5. Can solving 3 optic problems in 2 days be done individually or does it require a team?

Solving optic problems in 2 days can be done either individually or as a team. However, working in a team can bring together different perspectives and skill sets, leading to more innovative and comprehensive solutions. It may also allow for faster problem-solving as tasks can be divided among team members.