Solving Chemistry Questions: Molecule A, B, C, D & E

• Thread starter ProblemSets
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chemistry
In summary, the molecules that are conductive when dissolved in water are molecule B, the molecule(s) that are covalently bonded and have the highest boiling point are molecules D and E, the molecule(s) that have bonds formed by transferring electrons are molecule B, the molecule(s) that contain bonds causing partial charges are molecules D and E, the molecule(s) with the ability to form all three intermolecular forces are molecule C, and the molecule(s) that are soluble in oil are molecule A. It is possible that molecule C could also be an answer for question #4.
ProblemSets
1. Which molecule(s) are conductive when dissolved in water?

2. Which molecule(s) are covallently bonded and has the highest boiling point?

3. Which molecule(s) have bonds that are formed by transferring electrons?

4. Which molecule(s)contain bonds that cause atoms to have partial charges?

5. Which molecule(s) have the ability to form all three intermolecular forces?

6. Which molecule(s) are soluable in oil [note oil and water don't mix]?

There are possiblities that each question has more than one answer.

You will need to click the attached thumbnail to see the molecules.

This is what i got for answers. Please check them and let me know.

1. Molecule B,
2. Molecule D,E
3. Molecule B
4. Molecule D, E
5. Molecule C
6. Molecule A

Please help me out.
Thanks.

Attachments

• molec54555.JPG
    molec54555.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
possibly C is an answer to #4 also??

Hello, it's great to see you working on these chemistry questions! Here are my responses to each question:

1. Based on the thumbnail provided, it appears that Molecule B would be conductive when dissolved in water. This is because it contains ions (charged particles) that can move freely in the water, allowing for the flow of electricity.

2. Molecule D and E both appear to be covalently bonded and have high boiling points. This is because they have multiple strong bonds between their atoms, which require a lot of energy to break and therefore result in a high boiling point.

3. Molecule B appears to have bonds formed by the transfer of electrons. This is because it contains ions, which are formed when electrons are transferred from one atom to another.

4. Molecule D and E both contain bonds that cause atoms to have partial charges. This is because they have polar covalent bonds, where electrons are shared unequally between atoms, resulting in partial positive and negative charges.

5. Molecule C appears to have the ability to form all three intermolecular forces (London dispersion forces, dipole-dipole interactions, and hydrogen bonding). This is because it contains polar covalent bonds, which can result in all three types of intermolecular forces.

6. Molecule A appears to be soluble in oil. This is because it has a nonpolar structure, which is attracted to the nonpolar molecules in oil. This type of solubility is known as "like dissolves like."

I hope this helps clarify your answers and provides a better understanding of these molecules and their properties. Keep up the good work in solving chemistry questions!

Related to Solving Chemistry Questions: Molecule A, B, C, D & E

1. What is the difference between molecule A and molecule B?

Molecule A and molecule B are two distinct chemical compounds with different chemical structures and properties. Molecule A has a different arrangement of atoms compared to molecule B, which affects its physical and chemical behavior.

2. How do I determine the molecular formula of molecule C?

The molecular formula of molecule C can be determined by analyzing the relative amounts of each element present in the compound. This can be done through techniques such as elemental analysis and mass spectrometry.

3. How can I predict the reactivity of molecule D?

The reactivity of molecule D can be predicted by considering its chemical structure, functional groups, and the types of bonds present. Molecules with polar bonds or functional groups such as alcohols or carboxylic acids tend to be more reactive.

4. What are the properties of molecule E?

Molecule E has its own unique set of properties, which are determined by its chemical structure and composition. Some common properties of molecules include melting and boiling points, solubility, acidity/basicity, and reactivity.

5. How do I balance the chemical equation for the reaction involving molecules A and B?

To balance a chemical equation, you need to ensure that the number of atoms of each element on the reactant side is equal to the number of atoms on the product side. This can be achieved by adjusting the coefficients in front of each compound in the equation.