Solving CMD Issues - Hello World Not Showing Up

• Thread starter killa57
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person's first attempt at running a program in C++. They were successful in compiling it, but when they run it, the command prompt does not open and only shows a message to press any key to continue. The person is seeking help on how to get the program to show the words "Hello World" in the command prompt. It is revealed that the problem was caused by creating the project as a windows application instead of a console application. They were able to solve the issue and thank the others for their quick responses.
killa57
Hi all this is my first post and my first program trying to run you guessed it Hello World! okay i compiled it and it was successful but when i run it. my cmd dosent open i used the ;system("PAUSE") the command pops open but it just says to press any key to continue? it dosen't even show the the words hello world? How can i get it to show what i put in the code in the cmd prompt?

Technology news on Phys.org
You might start by giving us a clue as to what you're doing - what language, what your code looks like, things like that.

Im writing in C++ and this is the code

//my First Program//
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
cout <<"Hello World";
;return 0;
}

How are you trying to run it? This is a console application, so you will need to open a command prompt window for it to run in. Open a command prompt window, then navigate to the directory where the executable for your program is, then type the name of the executable. It should print Hello World.

Problem solved sorry guys i made the project as a windows application instead of making the project as a Console application from the start...
I did try the above methods but it just still just opened and closed fast...
But hey thanks guys yall were a quick respons ill have to post more problems as i come across them thanks guys :)

Related to Solving CMD Issues - Hello World Not Showing Up

1. Why is my "Hello World" not showing up on my CMD?

There could be several reasons why your "Hello World" is not showing up on your CMD. One possibility could be that there is a syntax error in your code, causing the program to not execute properly. Another possibility could be that the output is being directed to a different location, such as a text file, instead of the CMD window. It is also important to make sure that your code is actually printing the "Hello World" statement and not just storing it in a variable.

2. How do I solve a CMD issue with "Hello World" not showing up?

To solve a CMD issue with "Hello World" not showing up, you can try the following steps:

• Check for any syntax errors in your code and fix them.
  • Make sure your code is actually printing the "Hello World" statement and not just storing it in a variable.
  • Check if the output is being directed to a different location, such as a text file, instead of the CMD window.
  • Restart your computer and try running the program again.

3. Why is my "Hello World" showing up as a blank space on my CMD?

If your "Hello World" is showing up as a blank space on your CMD, it is likely that your code is not actually printing the statement. This could be due to a syntax error or the output being directed to a different location. Make sure to check your code and the output location to resolve this issue.

4. How do I make my "Hello World" show up in a different color on my CMD?

To make your "Hello World" show up in a different color on your CMD, you can use the ANSI escape codes in your code. These codes allow you to change the text color, background color, and other formatting options in the CMD. You can refer to the documentation on ANSI escape codes for more information on how to use them.

5. Why is my "Hello World" showing up as gibberish characters on my CMD?

If your "Hello World" is showing up as gibberish characters on your CMD, it could be due to an encoding issue. Make sure that your code is saved in the correct encoding format, such as UTF-8, to ensure that it displays properly on the CMD. You can also try changing the encoding format in your CMD settings to see if that resolves the issue.