Solving DEs in Maple: DEPlot for y' = sin(x+y)

• Maple
  • Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Maple
In summary, a DEPlot is a visual representation of a differential equation in Maple that plots the solution curve. To use DEPlot, you need to define the DE using the 'dsolve' command and specify the DE and any additional options. Its purpose is to visualize the solution curve for a specific DE and understand its behavior with different initial conditions and values of the independent variable. DEPlot in Maple has various features, including the ability to plot multiple solution curves, customize colors and styles, add labels and legends, zoom in and out, and export the plot as an image. It offers customization options for a more personalized and informative visualization of the solution curve.
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I am trying to do a DEplot of...

y' = sin(x+y)

I know you do...

with(DEtools):
f:= **** (What do I put here?)
DEPlot(f, ****(I don't know this either.))

Any help is appreciated.

NOTE: I got it. I googled it and found some good websites. The help button on Maple sucks ass.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
May I ask what version of Maple are u using...?

Daniel.

I use 8 and 9, which they are relatively the same.

Okay,no wonder he can do that...I use an ancient version...

Daniel.

P.S.Sometimes he can deliver the goods...:wink:

Related to Solving DEs in Maple: DEPlot for y' = sin(x+y)

What is a DEPlot?

A DEPlot is a visual representation of a differential equation (DE) in Maple. It plots the solution curve for a given DE, allowing for a better understanding of the behavior of the solution.

How do I use DEPlot in Maple?

To use DEPlot, you first need to define the differential equation using the 'dsolve' command. Then, use the 'DEPlot' command, specifying the DE and any additional options such as the initial conditions and the range of values for the independent variable.

What is the purpose of using DEPlot for y' = sin(x+y)?

The purpose of using DEPlot for the equation y' = sin(x+y) is to visualize the solution curve for this specific DE. It helps to understand how the solution changes with different initial conditions and values of the independent variable.

What are some features of DEPlot in Maple?

DEPlot in Maple has various features, such as the ability to plot multiple solution curves on the same graph, changing the color and style of the curves, and adding labels and legends to the plot. It also allows for zooming in and out of the plot and exporting the plot as an image.

Can I customize the appearance of the DEPlot in Maple?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of the DEPlot in Maple by using different options such as changing the color and style of the curves, adding labels and legends, and adjusting the axes and scale of the plot. This allows for a more personalized and informative visualization of the solution curve.