Solving Differential Equation Plotting with MATLAB

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with saving a plot in bitmap format in MATLAB. The background becomes black and the axis and scale are hidden. Suggestions are given to try copying and pasting the figure in paint or using the command "figure('Color', 'w')" to force the background to be white. Another suggestion is to use printscreen and paste instead. The issue of the color map also comes up, with a suggestion to use printscreen and paste as well.
saravanan13
Dear Friends
I am plotting some solution of differential equation in MATLAB and successfully completed but while attempting to save that plot as bitmap format the background of the plot become black with the axis and scale are hidden inside that background. I herewith attached the bitmap format of the plot. Suggest some ideas to help me out of this problem.

Attachments

• 0.1.bmp
    234.6 KB · Views: 507
Physics news on Phys.org
Could you copy the figure from MATLAB and paste it in paint?

Generally, I just copy and paste it in word file instead of saving figures. I never encountered black problem.

If you open the figure with: figure('Color', 'w') it should force the background to be white.

Colourmap looks off as well; the surface is clearly smooth, yet the colours jump from cyan to blue. Perhaps printscreen + paste is best as the above poster said.

Related to Solving Differential Equation Plotting with MATLAB

1. What is a differential equation?

A differential equation is a mathematical equation that describes the relationship between a function and its derivatives. It is used to model various physical phenomena and is an essential tool in many scientific fields.

2. How can I solve a differential equation using MATLAB?

To solve a differential equation using MATLAB, you can use the built-in functions ode45, ode23, or ode113. These functions use numerical methods to approximate the solution of the differential equation.

3. Can I plot the solution of a differential equation using MATLAB?

Yes, you can plot the solution of a differential equation using the plot function in MATLAB. First, you need to solve the differential equation using one of the built-in functions, and then you can use the plot function to visualize the solution.

4. What are the advantages of using MATLAB for solving differential equations?

MATLAB has several advantages for solving differential equations, including its ability to handle complex mathematical operations, built-in functions for solving differential equations, and its user-friendly interface. It also allows for easy visualization of the solutions using its plotting functions.

5. Can I use MATLAB to solve non-linear differential equations?

Yes, you can use MATLAB to solve non-linear differential equations. MATLAB has functions such as ode45 and ode23 that can handle non-linear equations. However, these functions may not always provide an exact solution, and you may need to use other numerical methods for more accurate results.