Solving Diode Logic Circuits: 4V, B=2V, C=3V

In summary, The person is having trouble getting the correct output voltage when modeling diodes using a voltage offset and resistors. They have A = 4V, B = 2V, C = 3V and are using a voltage drop of 0.7V and an on resistance of 500 ohms. After doing an analysis of the circuit, they have concluded that A and C are on and have calculated the currents for each diode. However, when they rearranged the equations, they got an output voltage of 4.31V instead of the expected 4.03V. They are seeking help to understand why this is happening.
Dirac8767
EDIT: I was being stupid and forgot the first diode would turn off after i worked out stuff for diode C, thanks anyway, solution found!Hi I'm having some trouble getting the correct output voltage when i model the diodes using a voltage ofset and resistors.

A = 4V, B = 2V, C = 3V
Using Voltage drop across the diode of 0.7V and a on resistance of 500 ohms

Doing the analysis of the circuit in the attachments I conclude A & C are on.

I1 = I2 + I3

I1 = (5 - Vx)/1500

I2 = (Vx- 4.7)/500

I3 = (Vx- 3.7)/500

Once i re-arrange all of those i get Vout to be 4.31V whereas in the answers it should be 4.03V.

Any help would be gratefully received! many thanks

Edit: Vx is the node all the diodes are attached to

Attachments

• q1.png
    q1.png
    996 bytes · Views: 476
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
only diode C will be ON

Related to Solving Diode Logic Circuits: 4V, B=2V, C=3V

1. What is a diode logic circuit?

A diode logic circuit is a type of digital logic circuit that uses diodes as its primary switching elements. It operates by allowing current to flow in one direction and blocking it in the other, creating a binary "on" or "off" state.

2. How do I solve a diode logic circuit with specific voltage values?

To solve a diode logic circuit, you must first determine the voltage levels at each node in the circuit. Then, using the diode equation, you can calculate the forward voltage drop across each diode. Finally, you can use Kirchhoff's voltage law to find the voltage at each node and determine the logic state.

3. What is the significance of the voltage values 4V, B=2V, C=3V in the diode logic circuit?

The voltage values of 4V, B=2V, and C=3V represent the voltage levels at specific nodes in the circuit. These values are important because they determine the logic state of the circuit and are used in the calculations to solve the circuit.

4. Can diode logic circuits be used in practical applications?

Yes, diode logic circuits can be used in practical applications such as in digital devices and electronic circuits. They are commonly used in simple logic gates and as part of more complex circuits.

5. What are the advantages of using diode logic circuits?

One advantage of diode logic circuits is their simplicity and low cost, as they only require diodes and resistors to function. They also have a fast switching speed and can operate at high frequencies, making them suitable for use in digital systems.