Solving IE Issues with Financial Training Academy Website in MVC3

• Thread starter faraz3000
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Issues
In summary, the conversation discusses the challenges of developing a website in MVC3 for a financial training academy, specifically with graphical and styling issues on different web browsers. The solution suggested is to use javascript to optimize for different browsers.

How would you rate IE when you are developing a website

• Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

• OK

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
faraz3000
I am developing a website in MVC3 for a financial training academy. The problem is that my client uses IE for testing the website. There were a lot of graphical issues but i solved most of them myself. Currently i am having problem with the styling of combobox, the comboxbox looks perfect in chrome & explorer but it looks really bad in IE. When i try to adjust it for IE, it gets ruined in chrome and Firefox. Actually the client wants a language dropdown on 'financial training academy' website. Please do not scam, i need genuine answers

Can anyone tell me the solution? Please help

Thank you.

Technology news on Phys.org

A professional website should be tested on all well known web browsers. I think you can use javascript to do things differently for different browsers. So if someone is on IE, the browser will use your IE optimizations, otherwise not.

Yes, that is the only way left to do this.

Thank you.

Related to Solving IE Issues with Financial Training Academy Website in MVC3

1. What is MVC3 and how does it relate to the Financial Training Academy website?

MVC3 stands for Model-View-Controller and it is a software architectural pattern used for developing web applications. The Financial Training Academy website is built using MVC3, which helps to organize the website's code and make it more maintainable and scalable.

2. What are IE issues and why do they need to be solved?

IE issues refer to problems or bugs that occur when accessing the Financial Training Academy website using the Internet Explorer web browser. These issues need to be solved because IE is still a commonly used browser and the website should be accessible to all users, regardless of which browser they prefer.

3. How will solving IE issues affect the functionality of the Financial Training Academy website?

Solving IE issues will improve the overall functionality of the website by ensuring that all features and elements are displayed correctly in the Internet Explorer browser. This will provide a better user experience for those accessing the website using IE.

4. What steps will be taken to solve IE issues on the Financial Training Academy website?

The first step will be to identify the specific IE issues that are occurring on the website. This may involve testing the website on different versions of IE and recording any bugs or layout problems. Then, the necessary changes will be made to the website's code to fix these issues and ensure compatibility with IE.

5. Will solving IE issues have any impact on the performance of the Financial Training Academy website?

Solving IE issues should not have a significant impact on the performance of the website. However, it may require some additional coding and testing which could slightly increase the time it takes to load certain pages. Overall, the benefits of ensuring compatibility with IE outweigh any potential performance impact.