Solving Latex (Beamer) Error for Maths Presentation

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter wam_mi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Error Latex
In summary, the conversation is about a person trying to use beamer for a math presentation but encountering difficulties with compiling the template. They receive a warning message about an obsolete package and the resulting PDF output file is not produced. The person shares the template and asks for help in checking if it works for others. They also mention the possibility of going to the pub instead of continuing with the presentation.
wam_mi
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to use beamer for a maths presentation. So I downloaded a template, but I just couldn't get it compiled for some reason. There appears 1 warnings:

1) Package pgf warning: This package is obsolete and no longer needed on input line 13.

Everything seems to work fine, except that it couldn't produce a pdf output file.

This is the template. Please check if it works on yours... Thanks a lot!

\documentclass[beamer]{beamer}
\usepackage{graphics}

\usetheme{Boadilla} % Beamer has many themes available, as described in the main text

\title{An Unconvincing Presentation}
\author{Iain, but mutilated by Jenny}
\date{November 25, 2008} % This data is inserted by Beamer into places on the
% slides dictated by the choice of theme

\begin{document}
\begin{frame} % exactly comparable to the 'slide' command in Seminar
\titlepage % This is a standard LaTeX command, useful in many types of document
\end{frame}

\section{A Section} % Sectioning and subsectioning data, again, is displayed by
% Beamer in places appropriate to the theme
\subsection{A Subsection}
\begin{frame}{A slide Title}

Some things in a slide

\end{frame}

\subsection{Another Subsection}

\begin{frame}{Another slide}

Slide contents

\end{frame}

\section{A second section}
\subsection{A further subsection}
\begin{frame}{Yet another slide}

Some information

\end{frame}

\section{Questions}
\begin{frame}{Questions}

Do you have any, or can we go to the pub?

\end{frame}
\end{document}

Physics news on Phys.org
Works fine for me.

Related to Solving Latex (Beamer) Error for Maths Presentation

1. What is Latex and how is it used for presentations?

Latex is a typesetting language used for creating high-quality documents, particularly in the fields of mathematics, science, and academia. It allows for precise formatting and presentation of complex equations and symbols. For presentations, Latex can be used with the Beamer package to create visually appealing slides with mathematical content.

2. Why am I getting an error when trying to use Latex for my math presentation?

There could be several reasons for this. Common causes include typos or missing packages in the Latex code, incorrect use of math mode, or incompatibility with the Beamer package. It is important to carefully check your code and consult the Latex documentation for troubleshooting tips.

3. How can I fix the error "Package x requires package y"?

This means that a package you are using in your Latex code is dependent on another package that you have not included. To fix this, you will need to add the required package to your Latex document by using the \usepackage{} command. Make sure to include all necessary packages for your presentation to run smoothly.

4. I keep getting errors when trying to include images or figures in my presentation. What should I do?

There are a few things to check in this situation. First, make sure the file path to your image is correct and that the image file is in the same directory as your Latex document. Additionally, verify that you are using the correct command (\includegraphics{}) and that you have loaded the graphicx package. If these do not resolve the issue, there may be a problem with the image file itself.

5. How can I ensure that my math equations are properly formatted in my Beamer presentation?

To ensure that your math equations are correctly displayed, it is important to use the appropriate math mode commands (\[ \] or $ $) and to use the correct syntax for your equations. It can also be helpful to use the amsmath package for more advanced formatting options. Additionally, make sure to compile your presentation multiple times to ensure that all equations are properly rendered.