Solving LaTeX \nmid Problems with Packages

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary, the user is trying to make a command work but it does not. They have found other threads with the same issue but no response. They are using several packages, including latexsym, amsfonts, amsthm, and amsmath. Another user suggests adding the package amssymb, which the original user confirms works correctly in the final PDF product.
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I'm trying to make the following command work:

\nmid

It doesn't work at all. I found other old threads over the net about people also having the same problem, but no response to those thread! Hopefully this one gets a response.

The following packages are in use...

\usepackage{latexsym}
\usepackage{amsfonts}
\usepackage{amsthm}
\usepackage{amsmath}

Does not work.

Physics news on Phys.org
Works for me, but check this out. It DOESN'T show the correct symbol in the preview plane (I'm using LeD) but when i build the pdf it works correctly. Are you looking at the pdf?

Try to add \usepackage{amssymb}.

ah yes, i was also using the assymb sty. Again though, make sure you're actually looking at the final product. For some reason most DVI previewers use a different set of fonts than the ones used in the compiler and loaded by the document.

Hepth said:
ah yes, i was also using the assymb sty. Again though, make sure you're actually looking at the final product. For some reason most DVI previewers use a different set of fonts than the ones used in the compiler and loaded by the document.

Thanks guys, that's the correct package!

FAQ: Solving LaTeX \nmid Problems with Packages

1. What is LaTeX and why is it used?

LaTeX is a typesetting language used for creating documents, particularly in the fields of mathematics, science, and engineering. It allows for precise and professional-looking formatting, making it popular among researchers, academics, and publishers.

2. What are packages in LaTeX?

Packages in LaTeX are collections of commands and settings that can be loaded into a document to add additional functionality. They are used to customize the appearance and behavior of a document in various ways.

3. How do I solve problems with packages in LaTeX?

To solve problems with packages in LaTeX, it is important to first identify the specific issue and error message. Then, you can try updating the package, checking for conflicts with other packages, or consulting the package's documentation for troubleshooting tips.

4. Can I use multiple packages in a single document?

Yes, you can use multiple packages in a single document. However, it is important to be careful about potential conflicts between packages and to make sure they are all compatible with each other.

5. Are there any resources available for learning about packages in LaTeX?

Yes, there are many resources available for learning about packages in LaTeX. You can consult the official LaTeX documentation, online forums and communities, and tutorials and guides specifically focused on using packages. It is also helpful to practice and experiment with different packages to gain a better understanding of their features and capabilities.