Somewhat Basic Mathematics and Physics books

In summary, the conversation discusses the speaker's interest in mathematics and physics, particularly calculus. They are looking for good books to improve their skills and have shown talent in the subject. They are also interested in developing their problem-solving skills and are open to suggestions for books that contain challenging problems.
Aeolus
hello, I'm 13 years old but i skipped a few years so i am a bit ahead of the normal schedule however I'm not yet at calculus and that kind of stuff, however Christmas is approaching! this means of course good physics and mathematics books the only problem is finding the right ones. I'm currently studying the Edexcel Mathematics at Higher Plus level and Science (though unfortunately not started physics just yet, but i want to know now instead of later!) at IGCSE level (could not choose higher or anything like that). My teachers say i have shown great talent and natural skill in mathematics but i want to become excellent at it instead of just good. I am quite ambitious so don't take me lightly. Help me get some good books for christmas please :)

Cheers

Physics news on Phys.org
How to Ace Calculus: the streetwise guide

If you are interested in calculus, that book is a real easy read... gives a nice basic foundation of Calculus.

I suggest that you get one or more books that contain problems from competitions at, say, the high school level. Your teachers might be able to recommend suitable books. The https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ontest+problem+book&x=0&y=0&tag=pfamazon01-20 series provides challenging problems with solutions. You can look at these books on Amazon to see whether they appeal to you. Developing your problem-solving skills is much more important (IMO) than learning specific subjects.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Somewhat Basic Mathematics and Physics books

What are "Somewhat Basic Mathematics and Physics books"?

"Somewhat Basic Mathematics and Physics books" are books that cover fundamental concepts and principles in both mathematics and physics, but at a level that is more accessible and less advanced compared to higher-level textbooks.

Why are "Somewhat Basic Mathematics and Physics books" important?

These books serve as a bridge between introductory and advanced levels of mathematics and physics. They provide a solid foundation for understanding more complex concepts and theories in these fields.

Who can benefit from reading "Somewhat Basic Mathematics and Physics books"?

Anyone who wants to improve their understanding of mathematics and physics can benefit from these books. They are particularly useful for high school and college students, as well as individuals who are interested in learning more about these subjects for personal or professional development.

What topics are typically covered in "Somewhat Basic Mathematics and Physics books"?

These books usually cover topics such as algebra, geometry, calculus, mechanics, electricity and magnetism, thermodynamics, and more. They may also include practical applications of these concepts in everyday life and other fields of study.

Are "Somewhat Basic Mathematics and Physics books" suitable for self-study?

Yes, these books are designed for self-study and can be used as a supplement to classroom instruction. They often include practice problems and exercises to help readers reinforce their understanding of the material.