Specific heat capacity of cyclohexanone

In summary, specific heat capacity is the amount of heat energy required to raise the temperature of one unit of mass of a substance by one degree Celsius, measured in units of J/kg·K. The specific heat capacity of cyclohexanone is 1.7 J/g·K and is determined through experimentation. It is important in science as it helps us understand how substances respond to changes in temperature and how much energy is needed to change their temperature. Compared to other substances, cyclohexanone has a relatively low specific heat capacity, meaning it requires less energy to change its temperature.
daofeishi
I'm in a situation where I need to adjust for heat loss, and am at a loss because my "comprehensive" data booklet isn't comprehensive enough. Could anyone please look up the specific molar heat capacity of cyclohexanone for me? Thanks in advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
which one the specific heat capicity or the molar heat capacity?

Sorry about that. The isobaric heat capacity or the molar heat capacity. Either is good.

Last edited:
oh ok when i read it i was like I am pretty sure that's not a measurement. This is turning out to be hard to find, ill have to check a chemistry website instead of wikipedia

Related to Specific heat capacity of cyclohexanone

What is specific heat capacity?

Specific heat capacity is the amount of heat energy required to raise the temperature of one unit of mass of a substance by one degree Celsius. It is measured in units of J/kg·K.

What is the specific heat capacity of cyclohexanone?

The specific heat capacity of cyclohexanone is 1.7 J/g·K.

How is the specific heat capacity of cyclohexanone determined?

The specific heat capacity of cyclohexanone is determined through experimentation, where the substance is heated or cooled and the change in temperature and amount of heat energy is measured.

Why is specific heat capacity important in science?

Specific heat capacity is important in science because it helps us understand how different substances respond to changes in temperature and how much energy is required to change their temperature.

How does the specific heat capacity of cyclohexanone compare to other substances?

The specific heat capacity of cyclohexanone is relatively low compared to other substances, such as water (4.18 J/g·K) or aluminum (0.9 J/g·K). This means that cyclohexanone requires less energy to change its temperature compared to these substances.