Stagnation Pressure question? Help.

In summary, the question is asking for the calculation of the rise in temperature caused by the velocity of air, which involves converting 1 kJ into its equivalent base units.
Sunrise
So this is the question I am working on as shown in the attachment.
I got stuck in the part that I highlighted, where they divided the Dynamic temperature by 1000.
WHY ?

Any help will be appreciated,

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 2.20.57 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-05-14 at 2.20.57 PM.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 502
Physics news on Phys.org
Sunrise said:
So this is the question I am working on as shown in the attachment.
I got stuck in the part that I highlighted, where they divided the Dynamic temperature by 1000.
WHY ?

Any help will be appreciated,

Thank you.

It's not that the dynamic temperature is divided by 1000. (Notice: there are units attached to the 1000). You have to convert 1 kJ (= 1000 kg-m[itex]^{2}[/itex]/s[itex]^{2}[/itex]) into its equivalent base units so that you can calculate the rise in temperature due to the velocity of the air.

Related to Stagnation Pressure question? Help.

What is stagnation pressure?

Stagnation pressure is a thermodynamic property that represents the total pressure of a fluid when it is brought to a standstill, or stagnation, in a process called stagnation. This is also known as total pressure or pitot pressure.

How is stagnation pressure measured?

Stagnation pressure can be measured using a pitot tube, which consists of a small tube with an opening facing the flow and another opening facing perpendicular to the flow. The difference in pressure between these two openings is the stagnation pressure.

What is the significance of stagnation pressure in fluid dynamics?

Stagnation pressure is an important concept in fluid dynamics because it represents the maximum pressure that a fluid can exert on a surface. This is useful in designing and analyzing fluid flow systems, such as in aviation and engineering.

What factors affect stagnation pressure?

The stagnation pressure of a fluid is affected by its velocity, density, and compressibility. Changes in any of these factors will result in a change in stagnation pressure.

What is the relationship between stagnation pressure and stagnation temperature?

Stagnation pressure and stagnation temperature are directly related to each other. As stagnation pressure increases, so does stagnation temperature, and vice versa. This relationship is described by the isentropic flow equation, which is used to calculate the properties of a fluid at a stagnation point.