Standard Texts on EE Subfields.

• Thread starter X89codered89X
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ee Standard
In summary: Power Systems - "Power Systems" by S. N. Srivastava, P. C. Srivastava6) Embedded Systems - "Embedded Systems" by V. G. Vohra7) Robotics - "Modern Robotics" by Rodney S. Brooks
X89codered89X
Anyone know standard texts for the following subfields that would be suitable at all for self-study?

1) Digital Signal Processing
2) Control Systems
3) Circuit Design
4) Communications (Digital & Analog, Wired & Wireless)
3) Probability & Statistics for EE.
5) Power Systems & Machines
6) Embedded Systems
7) Robotics

The higher the number, the more I'd like to know of standard texts in that area. I'm interested in books from all levels, from introductory undergraduate to capstone graduate texts!

Thanks!

Engineering news on Phys.org
X89codered89X said:
Anyone know standard texts for the following subfields that would be suitable at all for self-study?

1) Digital Signal Processing
2) Control Systems
3) Circuit Design
4) Communications (Digital & Analog, Wired & Wireless)
3) Probability & Statistics for EE.
5) Power Systems & Machines
6) Embedded Systems
7) Robotics

The higher the number, the more I'd like to know of standard texts in that area. I'm interested in books from all levels, from introductory undergraduate to capstone graduate texts!

Thanks!

For 1) I like "Designing Digital Filters" by Charles S. Williams.

Thanks for that.

Particularly at the moment, I'm really looking for a good embedded systems book. My only digital hardware training was basic, and we went up to finite state machines at the end. But I'm beginning to think there is no general theory on embedded systems , since every book I look at tends to be a case study on one particular microprocessor, like the 8051 or the AVR, and I don't know what those mean. Is there a good book that starts would aid me in designing my own chips, building them, and programming them in C? Or is that not even how the field of embedded systems works?

Last edited:
1) Digital Signal Processing - "Digital signal processing" by John G. Proakis, Dimitris G. Manolakis
2) Control Systems - "Modern control engineering" and "Discrete-time control systems" by Katsuhiko Ogata
3a) Circuit Theory - "Network Analysis" by Mac Elwyn Van Valkenburg
3b) Circuit Design - "Microelectronic Circuits" by Adel S. Sedra, Kenneth Carless Smith
3c) Digital IC - "CMOS VLSI Design: A Circuits and Systems Perspective" by Neil H. E. Weste, David Money Harris
3d) Analog IC - "Design of Analog CMOS Integrated Circuits" by Behzad Razavi
4a) Digital Comm - "Digital Communications" by Simon Haykin
4b) Analog Comm - "Modern Digital and Analog Communication Systems" by B. P. Lathi

Related to Standard Texts on EE Subfields.

1. What are "Standard Texts on EE Subfields"?

"Standard Texts on EE Subfields" are reference materials that provide in-depth information and guidance on specific subfields within electrical engineering. These texts are often used as supplemental resources for students or professionals in the field.

2. How do these texts differ from other engineering textbooks?

Unlike general engineering textbooks, "Standard Texts on EE Subfields" focus on a specific subfield within electrical engineering and provide more detailed and specialized information on that topic.

3. What are some examples of subfields covered in these standard texts?

Examples of subfields covered in these texts include power systems, signal processing, communications, control systems, and electronic devices and circuits.

4. Are these texts only beneficial for students or can professionals also benefit from them?

Both students and professionals can benefit from these texts. Students can use them to supplement their coursework and gain a deeper understanding of a specific subfield, while professionals can use them for further education and professional development.

5. Where can I find these "Standard Texts on EE Subfields"?

These texts can be found in most libraries, bookstores, and online retailers. They may also be available as e-books or through academic databases. Additionally, many universities and professional organizations may have access to these texts for their members or students.