Status of Adami's solution to Firewall paradox?

In summary, Chris Adami and his team proposed a solution to the firewall paradox two years ago. However, it is still unresolved and has not been accepted as a mathematically valid or satisfactory solution in physics. It is also not a generally accepted solution and is still being debated. The discussion on this topic falls under the Beyond the Standard Model forum.
nomadreid
Gold Member
A bit over two years ago, Chris Adami et al. published their solution to the firewall paradox (referred to without source in http://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2014/plugging-the-hole-in-hawkings-black-hole-theory-1/, perhaps referring to http://arxiv.org/abs/1310.7914). But what has happened in the intervening two years? That is, before I take the trouble to try to understand this solution, I would like to know whether these results have been accepted (1) as being mathematically valid, and (2) a satisfactory solution in physics, and (3) a generally accepted solution, and if not, why not.
(Note: I am not sure whether this belongs in cosmology, in quantum physics, in general relativity, or beyond the standard model. I am opting for cosmology, but am open to moving the post.)
Thanks.

[Moderator's note: moved to Quantum Physics.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think this could be in BTSM.

As far as I know, the firewall paradox is unresolved.

atyy said:
I think this could be in BTSM.
Hi atyy:

Would you please be more specific about what "BTSM" is. I tried to search for it but had no luck.

Regards,
Buzz

atyy said:
As far as I know, the firewall paradox is unresolved.
The firewall is not a paradox. It is a proposed solution of the black-hole information paradox. Of course, there are also many other proposals, each with its own problems:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_hole_information_paradox

FAQ: Status of Adami's solution to Firewall paradox?

1. What is Adami's solution to the Firewall paradox?

Adami's solution to the Firewall paradox is a proposed resolution to the black hole information paradox, which states that information can never be destroyed. Adami argues that the apparent destruction of information when an object falls into a black hole is an illusion, and that the information is actually encoded on the black hole's event horizon.

2. How does Adami's solution address the Firewall paradox?

Adami's solution argues that the information of an object falling into a black hole is not actually destroyed, but rather encoded on the black hole's event horizon in the form of holographic projections. This allows for the information to be preserved while still obeying the laws of physics.

3. Has Adami's solution been proven or accepted by the scientific community?

Adami's solution is still a topic of debate and has not been universally accepted by the scientific community. Some physicists support his theory, while others argue that it still has flaws and does not fully resolve the paradox.

4. What are the potential implications of Adami's solution to the Firewall paradox?

If Adami's solution is proven to be true, it would have significant implications for our understanding of black holes and information preservation. It would also impact our understanding of the fundamental laws of physics and how they apply in extreme environments.

5. What further research is needed to fully understand Adami's solution to the Firewall paradox?

Further research is needed to test and validate Adami's solution, as well as to address any potential limitations or flaws in the theory. This may involve studying the behavior of black holes in more detail and conducting experiments to gather more evidence.