Steam Tables For Apple Computers

In summary, the individual is a consulting engineer who needs to determine the saturation temperature for various steam pressures and uses a Mac computer. They have been unable to find a steam table calculator application for Mac but are open to using a PC-based program through VMware Fusion. Another suggestion is to use the steam table data on wolframalpha.com, although the accuracy is unknown.
Randerso
I am a consulting engineer that frequently needs to determine the saturation temperature for various steam pressures. I use a mac computer. I have found many steam table calculator applications for PCs, but have been unable to find one that will run on the mac.

Can anyone point me to a downloadable steam table application for the mac? It need not be free, just compatible with the OSx operating system.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Randerso said:
I am a consulting engineer that frequently needs to determine the saturation temperature for various steam pressures. I use a mac computer. I have found many steam table calculator applications for PCs, but have been unable to find one that will run on the mac.

Can anyone point me to a downloadable steam table application for the mac? It need not be free, just compatible with the OSx operating system.

Can you not use something like VMware Fusion to run one of the PC based programs?

CS

From the product description it looks like I could. If I understand what I read correctly, I would need 4 to 5 GB of free memory, the VMware application, a Windows operating system and the steam table application. My MacBook Pro only has 4 GB of memory, so this option is out if I am correct about the minimum requirements.

As a fellow scientist, I can understand the frustration of not being able to find a steam table calculator for your mac computer. Unfortunately, it seems that most of the available steam table applications are designed for PCs. However, there are a few options that may work for you.

One option is to use a virtual machine software, such as Parallels or VMware, which allows you to run a Windows operating system on your mac. This would allow you to use the steam table calculator applications designed for PCs.

Another option is to use an online steam table calculator, such as the one offered by Engineering Toolbox. These online calculators are compatible with all operating systems and can be accessed through a web browser.

Lastly, you may want to consider reaching out to the developer of a specific steam table calculator application and inquire about a mac-compatible version. Some developers may be willing to make a mac version or suggest an alternative solution.

I hope one of these options will be helpful to you in your work. Best of luck in your search for a mac-compatible steam table calculator.

Related to Steam Tables For Apple Computers

What is a steam table for Apple computers?

A steam table for Apple computers is a software application that provides access to thermodynamic properties of water and steam. It allows users to easily calculate and retrieve properties such as temperature, pressure, enthalpy, and entropy for various states of water and steam.

Why are steam tables important for scientists using Apple computers?

Steam tables are crucial for scientists using Apple computers because they provide accurate and reliable data for thermodynamic calculations. This is particularly useful for researchers in fields such as engineering, chemistry, and physics, where understanding the properties of water and steam is essential.

How do I use a steam table on my Apple computer?

To use a steam table on your Apple computer, you can download a steam table software or access one online. Once you have the application open, you can input values for properties such as temperature and pressure to retrieve the corresponding values for other properties or use the interactive graphs to visualize the data.

Are steam tables only applicable to Apple computers?

No, steam tables are not limited to Apple computers. They can be accessed on any computer or device with internet access. However, there may be specific software applications designed specifically for Apple computers, but the data and calculations are still applicable to all devices.

What are the benefits of using a steam table for Apple computers?

Using a steam table for Apple computers can save time and effort in performing thermodynamic calculations. It also provides accurate and reliable data for researchers, engineers, and scientists. Additionally, some steam tables allow for customization and plotting of data, making it easier to analyze and interpret results.