Struggling with 2D Heat Conduction in MATLAB: Need Suggestions

In summary, he is looking for someone who can help him modify the given 1D code into a corresponding 2D code.
vlaa08
FEA MATLAB ! Please help...

Hello Everyone!

I need an urgent favor. I am new to MATLAB, I am in the learning stage. I am given with a coursework relating to developing a MATLAB code for 2D heat conduction of 3-noded triangular element with Finite element method. I have been given with a model 1D code and corresponding input format[.dat] file to feed input from. The trouble is i am asked to develop the code for a set of input[which i have attached with this post named Required.txt] which is to be fed in for the program to work with the given input. I can understand the 1D code, but i am not able to stick to the format of input he is expecting.. So if any of you can help me in editing the given 1D code into corresponding 2D code, it would be a great help.. I m closing on my deadline and this counts my percentage.. So if any of you can sort this for me, it would be of great contribution, i can study n understand this later because i still have more than 40 days for my exam.. Please help. greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance..
Vlaa..

Attachments

• Heat1D.m
    5.2 KB · Views: 306
  • Input.txt
    295 bytes · Views: 294
  • Required.txt
    438 bytes · Views: 302
Physics news on Phys.org

vlaa08 said:
Hello Everyone!

I need an urgent favor. I am new to MATLAB, I am in the learning stage. I am given with a coursework relating to developing a MATLAB code for 2D heat conduction of 3-noded triangular element with Finite element method. I have been given with a model 1D code and corresponding input format[.dat] file to feed input from. The trouble is i am asked to develop the code for a set of input[which i have attached with this post named Required.txt] which is to be fed in for the program to work with the given input. I can understand the 1D code, but i am not able to stick to the format of input he is expecting.. So if any of you can help me in editing the given 1D code into corresponding 2D code, it would be a great help.. I m closing on my deadline and this counts my percentage.. So if any of you can sort this for me, it would be of great contribution, i can study n understand this later because i still have more than 40 days for my exam.. Please help. greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance..
Vlaa..

We don't do your homework for you here on the PF. What are your thoughts on how to modify the code to work in 2-D?

Hey thanks for the reply,

I do not want you guys to write the code for me, i just want suggestions on where to comply with the code. Ideas which i have tried

Modifying the loop for 2 D by having a loop within a loop
Checking the input with and additional index in the array
Trying out with different input file

If you can guide me, it will be enough and still be a great favor..

Regards
Vlaa

Related to Struggling with 2D Heat Conduction in MATLAB: Need Suggestions

1. What is FEA (Finite Element Analysis) in MATLAB?

FEA is a numerical method used to solve engineering problems by dividing a complex structure into smaller, simpler sections called finite elements. It is used to analyze the behavior of structures and systems under different loading conditions. MATLAB is a programming language that can be used to implement FEA and perform simulations.

2. How does FEA in MATLAB work?

FEA in MATLAB involves creating a finite element model of the structure, which includes defining the geometry, material properties, and boundary conditions. The model is then solved using numerical methods to obtain a solution for different variables such as stress, strain, and displacement. MATLAB has built-in functions and toolboxes that make it easier to create and solve FEA models.

3. What are the advantages of using FEA in MATLAB?

Using FEA in MATLAB allows for faster and more accurate analysis of complex systems and structures. It also offers a user-friendly interface and a wide range of tools and functions for creating and solving FEA models. Additionally, MATLAB has the ability to handle large amounts of data and can easily integrate with other software programs.

4. What types of problems can FEA in MATLAB solve?

FEA in MATLAB can solve a variety of problems in different engineering fields such as structural analysis, heat transfer, fluid mechanics, and electromagnetics. It can be used to analyze the behavior of structures under different loading conditions, optimize designs, and predict the performance of systems.

5. Is FEA in MATLAB suitable for beginners?

While FEA in MATLAB does require some knowledge of programming and engineering principles, it is generally considered to be a user-friendly program and can be suitable for beginners. There are also many online resources and tutorials available to help beginners learn how to use FEA in MATLAB effectively.