Struggling with Physics as a Non-Traditional Student: A Personal Journey

• Thread starter Crcata
  • Start date
In summary, struggling with physics as a non-traditional student can be a challenging and isolating experience. The combination of being older, having different life responsibilities, and lacking a strong background in math and science can make it difficult to keep up with the fast-paced and abstract nature of physics. However, with determination and proper support, non-traditional students can overcome these obstacles and find success in their physics studies. It is important for these students to seek out resources, such as tutoring and study groups, and to remember that their unique perspectives can actually be an advantage in understanding and applying physics concepts. By embracing their personal journey and working hard, non-traditional students can excel in the field of physics.
Crcata
My name is Chris and I am currently taking Physics 1 at UTA. I made an 88 on my first test but it was a struggle and I continue to struggle even more as time goes on. I am 28 years old and recently went back to school, quit my job as a 911 operator to do so and am so far enjoying myself. Physics is taking up FAR to much of my time however. I spend more time in the physics clinic than I do in my classes haha. Looking forward to hopefully getting some help now and again.

Am currently working on a physics report, I expect needing to ask questions soon haha.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF! :smile:

Thanks for your service in Dispatch and in the Army! In addition to my full-time EE job, I work part-time shifts as an EMT. Dispatch can be a busy place sometimes! :smile:

Thanks! And no kidding! its crazy how many moving parts are all happening at once in dispatch. But EMT is awesome, I know a few and they don't get paid nearly as much as they deserve, atleast around here anyways.

Likes berkeman