Struggling with Physics Homework: Who Can Explain Force and Motion Problems?

• Thread starter tinab16
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolves around various force and motion problems, involving coefficients of static and kinetic friction, angles, and applied forces. The main formula that may be helpful is f_k = \mu_kF_N, and it is suggested to draw diagrams and use Newton's laws to solve the problems. The person offering help also advises to break down the problems and ask for assistance one at a time.
tinab16
I don't know how to solve this force and motion problems so I'm asking you for help...if someone knows how to solve them,I would like some solutions.
thanks!

1.a horizontal force of 12N pushes a 0.50 kg book against a vertical wall.the book is initially at rest.if coefficient of static friction is 0.6 and of kinetic friction is 0.8 what is the acceleration of the book?

2.a horizontal force of 5N pushes a 0.50kg block against a vertical wall.the block is initially at rest.if coefficient of static friction is 0.6 and of kinetic friction is 0.8 what is the acceleration of the block?

3.a 12kg crate rests on a horizontal surface and a boy pulls on it with a force that is 30° below the horizontal.if the coefficient of static friction is 0.40,the minimum magnitude force he needs to start the crate moving is?

4.a crate resting on arough horizontal floor is to be moved horizontally.the coefficient of static friction is 0.40.to start the crate moving with the weakest possible applied force,in what direction should the force be applied?

5.a 40N crate rests on a rough horizontal floor.a 12N horizontal force is the applied to it.if the coefficient of static friction is 0.5 and of kinetic is 0.4,the magnitude of the frictional force on the crate is?

6.a block slides down a frictionless plane that makes an angle of 30° with the horizontal.the acceleration of the block is?

7.a 25N crate slides down a frictionless incline that is 25° above the horizontal.the magnitude of the normal force of the incline on the crate is?

8.a 25N crate is held at rest on a frictionless incline by a force that is parallel to the incline.if the incline is 25° above the horizontal what is the magnitude of the applied force?

9.a 25N crate is held at rest on a frictionless incline by a force that is parallel to the incline.if the incline is 25° above the horizontal what is the magnitude of the normal force of the incline on the crate?

10.a 32N force,parallel to the incline is required to push a certain crate at constant velocity up a frictionless incline that is 30° above the horizontal.what is the mass of the crate?

Physics news on Phys.org
Nobody is going to do your homework for you. They will assist you, but only once you have shown that you have made an effort.

you don't have to solve the problems then but can you just give me the formulae?
and I will see what I can do.
thanks a lot.

Hello tinab16 and welcome to PF!

In future, I suggest you break this down and start with one question at a time when asking for help :smile:

Having said that, something that may help you would be to draw a diagram of the problem.

An equation you may find useful is

[tex]f_k=\mu_kF_N[/tex]

Hope that helps. :wink:

lol the idea is to HELP you get the solution, not GIVE you the solution. Let's start with Newton's laws. The first question mentions force, mass, acceleration, friction... does that ring any bells!?

phyzmatix said:
Hello tinab16 and welcome to PF!

In future, I suggest you break this down and start with one question at a time when asking for help :smile:

Having said that, something that may help you would be to draw a diagram of the problem.

An equation you may find useful is

[tex]f_k=\mu_kF_N[/tex]

Hope that helps. :wink:

OK.I'll see what I can do with it.
tnx.

Related to Struggling with Physics Homework: Who Can Explain Force and Motion Problems?

1. Why do I need help with my homework?

As a scientist, you may have a lot of other responsibilities and commitments that take up your time. Seeking help with your homework can save you time and ensure that you are able to complete your assignments accurately and efficiently.

2. Can I trust someone to help me with my homework?

Yes, you can trust someone to help you with your homework as long as you choose a reliable and reputable source. Look for tutors or online services with good reviews and a track record of success.

3. Will seeking help with my homework be considered cheating?

No, seeking help with your homework is not considered cheating as long as you are not plagiarizing or copying someone else's work. Getting assistance with understanding concepts or reviewing your work is a normal part of the learning process.

4. How can I find someone to help me with my homework?

There are many resources available for finding someone to help you with your homework. You can ask your teacher or classmates for recommendations, look for online tutoring services, or seek help from a professional tutor.

5. What should I look for in a homework helper?

When choosing a homework helper, it is important to look for someone who is knowledgeable and experienced in the subject you need help with. They should also have good communication skills and be able to explain concepts clearly. It is also helpful to find someone who is available to help you on a regular basis.