Sustainable Energy Calculation for Fossil Fuel Mix

In summary, the conversation is about a question regarding emission factors and calculating average annual percentage growth. The person is unsure if their solution is correct and is asking for confirmation. The correct way to calculate the emission after 26 years is discussed using the formula E_i (1+\frac {p} {100})^{26}. The question of finding p from this formula is also raised.
King_Silver

Homework Statement

2.png

Homework Equations

No equations used (to my knowledge). Just arithmetic and understanding of what is being asked.

The Attempt at a Solution

2s.jpg

Was wondering if my solution/approach to this question is correct or not? I don't have any answers to compare it to so any method/answer I do arrive at is mere speculation.

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    21.3 KB · Views: 813
  • 2s.jpg
    2s.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 711
Physics news on Phys.org
You've exchanged the emission factors from oil, coal and gas.
You don't use the right way to calculate the average annual percentage growth.
If you have an annual growth of p percent, and initial emission [itex] E_i [/itex] the emission in 26 years will be:
[tex] E_i (1+\frac {p} {100})^{26} [/tex]

Can you find p from that?

Related to Sustainable Energy Calculation for Fossil Fuel Mix

1. What is sustainable energy calculation for fossil fuel mix?

Sustainable energy calculation for fossil fuel mix refers to the process of determining the amount of fossil fuels (such as coal, oil, and natural gas) that can be consumed in a sustainable manner while minimizing negative impacts on the environment and ensuring long-term availability.

2. Why is sustainable energy calculation necessary?

Sustainable energy calculation is necessary because fossil fuels are non-renewable resources and their consumption can have detrimental effects on the environment. By calculating the sustainable amount of fossil fuels that can be used, we can ensure their availability for future generations and reduce our carbon footprint.

3. How is sustainable energy calculation for fossil fuel mix performed?

Sustainable energy calculation for fossil fuel mix is typically performed using a combination of data analysis, mathematical models, and simulations. Factors such as current and projected energy demand, available reserves, and environmental impact are taken into account to determine the optimal mix of fossil fuels for sustainable energy production.

4. What are the challenges in sustainable energy calculation for fossil fuel mix?

One of the main challenges in sustainable energy calculation for fossil fuel mix is the uncertainty surrounding future energy demand and the availability of resources. Other challenges include the complex interplay between economic, political, and environmental factors, as well as the constantly evolving technology and energy markets.

5. How can sustainable energy calculation for fossil fuel mix benefit society?

Sustainable energy calculation for fossil fuel mix can benefit society by promoting more efficient and responsible use of fossil fuels, reducing our dependency on them, and helping to mitigate the negative impacts of climate change. It can also lead to the development of new technologies and alternative energy sources that are more sustainable in the long run.