Talk about electrons, double slit, interface patterns

In summary, the conversation discusses a forum where a person is seeking help understanding quantum physics. However, someone advises against using the forum as a reliable source and suggests searching a different forum for discussions on the topic. The conversation also mentions a quote from Einstein about his views on quantum physics.
WiccanSpirit
Hello everyone. Very nice forum you have here. I came here to ask if someone can give me a few pointers on Physics. I am totally lost here. I found this page http://www.ictshirts.com/t-shirt/122/quantum-physics-electron-double-slit.htm and they talk about electrons, double slit, interface patterns. It's all very interesting but very confusing too! Can someone explain it to me?
Thanks all :blushing:

Physics news on Phys.org
I would not use that site for learning about the 2-slit. They seem to think observing electrons with "weaker" light can change its quantum property, among other rather dubious things.

You may want to search PF in the Quantum Physics forum for everything that has been discussed on the 2-slit experiment.

Zz.

Hi ZapperZ, is my post in the right thread? If it's not can you move it? Sorry, just reeling over that page. It's really deep stuff!

quoted from the site-

"Quantum Physics is the 'Uber' physics in that it becomes philosophical. Einstein was more of a philosopher than anything, and that's why he loved Quantum Physics."

I'd recommend you stay away from material of this subject matter written by liberal arts majors.

Just a question... Not so important, just at a curiosity.

Does Einstein really like QF?? Wasn`t that he who said something like:
"God does not dice" against QF`s probability stuff?
Correct me if I`m wrong.

Related to Talk about electrons, double slit, interface patterns

1. What are electrons?

Electrons are subatomic particles that carry a negative charge and are found within the atomic structure of all matter.

2. What is the double slit experiment?

The double slit experiment is a famous physics experiment that demonstrates the wave-like behavior of particles, specifically electrons, when passing through two parallel slits.

3. How does the double slit experiment relate to the concept of interference patterns?

In the double slit experiment, when a beam of electrons passes through two parallel slits, an interference pattern is observed on the detector screen. This pattern is created by the overlapping of the electron waves from each slit, resulting in areas of constructive and destructive interference.

4. What is the significance of the double slit experiment?

The double slit experiment is significant because it challenges our understanding of the nature of particles and their behavior. It also has implications in fields such as quantum mechanics and technology, as well as providing evidence for the wave-particle duality of matter.

5. What are interface patterns in relation to electrons?

Interface patterns refer to the interference patterns that are observed when electrons interact with different materials or interfaces. This phenomenon is important in understanding the behavior of electrons in devices such as transistors and semiconductors.