Tempurpedic Mattress Reviews - Does it Really Work?

• Thread starter Zeteg
  • Start date
In summary: I'm not too sure. I haven't looked too closely at it. It looks like it should, but I'm not too sure.I don't think so. I think it's more of a "fluffy" type of fabric. Not as firm as other beds I've seen.In summary, the ads for this bed say that it is NASA certified and has a NASA seal, but people have said that it traps too much heat and that the pillows are not too bad.
Zeteg
Has anyone else seen the ads on T.V? They seem to be quite promising... but I wonder if it actually works. Does anyone know anything about the material, or have any idea if it actually does work?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think this is the same thing, or similar to the bed of a friend of mine. It does have the NASA Certified Space Technology seal. The material is a result of NASA space technology. He bought it at a ritzy bedding store here a few years ago. He swears by it. It does feel nice.

I think while they do feel nice, I have heard from some friends that they trap too much heat in them... so if you are like me, and don't like a bed that is too warm, it may not be wisest to get one...

I can't stand heat, it wouldn't work for me.

If they have home trials, however, it doesn't hurt to try one. I am not sure, but I don't want to spend so many thousands of dollars on a bed that I may not end up liking.

A side note though: the pillows are not too bad. I do recommend getting them, actually.

Well, there's actually no price listed on the site. Anyone know about how much they cost?

Even if it does feel nice, what about the form of the back to the bed? Is it "good"? =\

Zeteg said:
Well, there's actually no price listed on the site. Anyone know about how much they cost?
The prices are listed on their website, just click on the style you want and scroll to the bottom of the page. http://www.tempurpedic.com/sleepsystems/deluxe/

Even if it does feel nice, what about the form of the back to the bed? Is it "good"? =\
Do you mean the base/box springs?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't really see it right now, but I'll search harder in the morning (it's late).

I meant, does it conform to good posture?

Related to Tempurpedic Mattress Reviews - Does it Really Work?

1. How does the Tempurpedic mattress work?

The Tempurpedic mattress works by using a proprietary foam material called TEMPUR, which is designed to conform to the body's shape and provide support and pressure relief. The foam also has open-cell technology, allowing it to absorb and distribute body heat, keeping the mattress cool and comfortable.

2. Are there any health benefits to using a Tempurpedic mattress?

Yes, there are several health benefits to using a Tempurpedic mattress. The foam material provides excellent support for the spine, reducing back and neck pain. It also helps improve circulation by evenly distributing body weight, and can alleviate pressure points, reducing the risk of developing bedsores.

3. Is the Tempurpedic mattress worth the price?

It ultimately depends on personal preference and budget. While the Tempurpedic mattress may be more expensive than traditional mattresses, many users report improved sleep quality and reduced pain and discomfort. Additionally, the mattress comes with a 90-night sleep trial and a 10-year warranty, making it a worthwhile investment for those seeking a high-quality mattress.

4. How long does a Tempurpedic mattress last?

The average lifespan of a Tempurpedic mattress is around 7-8 years. However, with proper care and maintenance, the mattress can last up to 10-15 years. It is important to rotate the mattress regularly and avoid placing any heavy objects on it to prolong its lifespan.

5. Are there any drawbacks to using a Tempurpedic mattress?

Some users may find the Tempurpedic mattress to be too firm, especially those who prefer a softer sleeping surface. Additionally, the mattress may have a slight chemical odor when first opened, but this typically dissipates within a few days. It is also a heavier mattress, making it more difficult to move or rotate.