Termoelectric Emission: Measuring T & I_A for Work

• Thread starter Petar Mali
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Emission
In summary, the author measures T and I_A and from that gets work. If T_0 is first temperature in which they measured, then they get\frac{I_A}{I_{A0}}=\frac{T^2}{T^2_0}e^{-\frac{e\varphi}{k_BT}(\frac{1}{T}-\frac{1}{T_0})}And from that they get\varphi=-\frac{k_B}{e(\frac{1}{T}-\frac{1}{T_0})}ln\frac{I_AT^2_0}{I_{A0}T^
Petar Mali
[tex]I_A=BT^2e^{-\frac{e\varphi}{k_BT}}[/tex]

We measure [tex]T[/tex] and [tex]I_A[/tex] and from that get work. If [tex]T_0[/tex] is first temperature in which we measured than
we get

[tex]\frac{I_A}{I_{A0}}=\frac{T^2}{T^2_0}e^{-\frac{e\varphi}{k_BT}(\frac{1}{T}-\frac{1}{T_0})}[/tex]

And from that we get

[tex]\varphi=-\frac{k_B}{e(\frac{1}{T}-\frac{1}{T_0})}ln\frac{I_AT^2_0}{I_{A0}T^2}[/tex]

and from that they calculate tangent like

[tex]\varphi=-\frac{k_B}{e}\frac{\Delta ln\frac{I_AT^2_0}{I_{A0}T^2}}{\Delta \frac{1}{T}}}[/tex]

What happened with [tex]T_0[/tex]?

Physics news on Phys.org
Your question is puzzling. What is it exactly that you didn't understand? [itex]T_0[/itex] is still in all your equations. As far as I can see, nothing happened to it.

Zz.

OK! You don't have any more [tex]\frac{1}{T}-\frac{1}{T_0}[/tex]. In last equation you have [tex]\frac{1}{T}[/tex] instead.

lol.what does [itex]\Delta\frac{1}{T}[/itex] stand for? And [itex]T_{0}[/itex] occurs once more in the equation. Can you find it?

EDIT:

I think the numerator should have [itex]\Delta \ln(\frac{I}{T^{2}})[/itex] instead of what you wrote, because you are looking for the slope. Put differently, if you plot [itex]\ln(\frac{I}{T^{2}})[/itex] vs. [itex]\frac{1}{T}[/itex] (for several T's and not just two), then you should get a line with a slope proportional to the work function.

Last edited:
Yes I work that for several T and get graph. From that graph I must find slope. But please look at lines that I wrote. My problem is because I use

[tex]\varphi=-\frac{k_B}{e}\frac{\Delta ln\frac{I_AT^2_0}{I_{A0}T^2}}{\Delta \frac{1}{T}}}[/tex]

to get that work. THAT IS IN SCRIPTS. WHAT HAPPENED WITH [tex]-\frac{1}{T_0}[/tex], If that is easier for you?

It is one of your measurements!

Can you understand that. Thank you!

Related to Termoelectric Emission: Measuring T & I_A for Work

1. What is thermoelectric emission?

Thermoelectric emission is the process by which heat energy is converted into electrical energy. This is achieved through the use of thermocouples, which are devices made of two different types of conductors that produce a voltage when exposed to a temperature gradient.

2. How is thermoelectric emission measured?

Thermoelectric emission is typically measured by using a thermocouple to detect the temperature gradient and convert it into an electrical signal. This signal can then be measured using specialized equipment, such as a thermocouple meter or data acquisition system.

3. What is the purpose of measuring T & I_A for work?

The measurement of T & I_A, which stands for temperature and anode current, is important for determining the efficiency and performance of a thermoelectric device. This information can be used to optimize the device for specific applications and improve its overall functionality.

4. How is the accuracy of thermoelectric emission measurements ensured?

The accuracy of thermoelectric emission measurements can be ensured through proper calibration of equipment and careful handling of the thermocouples. It is also important to consider any external factors, such as ambient temperature, that may affect the measurements.

5. What are some common applications of thermoelectric emission?

Thermoelectric emission has a wide range of applications, including power generation, temperature measurement, and thermal energy harvesting. It is commonly used in industries such as aerospace, automotive, and energy production. It also has potential uses in medical devices, consumer electronics, and renewable energy systems.

Back