The Amazing Spider-Man: Has Parker Finally Found Happiness?

• Thread starter Mépris
  • Start date
  • Tags
    biochemist
In summary, Dan Slott has been the only writer for Marvel's recent arc and things have been looking up.
Mépris
Any readers around here? Just wanted to see who on PF likes good ol' whining Parker, though as of late, he seems unusually happy, which is well, just plain weird.

If anybody kept reading up until JMS' run and gave up because the stories just felt uninspired or because they though OMD and BND were absolute rubbish, well, there's good news for you; since issue #648 (iirc), Dan Slott has been the only writer and things have been looking up since.

Possible spoiler (highlight to read):
Assuming people have read the last few issues; has anyone noticed that Pete's job is more of an engineering one, as opposed to whatever it is a biochemist would do? He was working on noise canceling headphones and seems to be making a new suit every other issue.

Physics news on Phys.org
Haha, do people still really read comic books?

pergradus said:
Haha, do people still really read comic books?

Beats me. Reading through Taylor Momsen's twitter page is so much more...fulfilling.

Who?

It's been a while. I had read Marvel religiously growing up, then stopped when I was 16 over that whole Clone/Onslaught business. Then got into reading Civil War, and then stopped again post Secret Invasion.

Sometimes, they screw with a good thing way too much.

I would have to say, that my favorite period of writing--what I consider the apex of the original Marvel Universe (call it 616 if you like; I don't personally)--stretches from about 1975 to 1990.

And my favorite arc of all time: the first Secret Wars (a very fond early childhood memory--even before I could read, I "read" so to speak, the Secret Wars)...

[PLAIN]http://www.bamkapow.com/bk_images/2008/06/05/hulk-amazing-feats/Hulk-mountain-Secret-Wars-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
FrancisZ said:
It's been a while. I had read Marvel religiously growing up, then stopped when I was 16 over that whole Clone/Onslaught business. Then got into reading Civil War, and then stopped again post Secret Invasion.

Sometimes, they screw with a good thing way too much.

I would have to say, that my favorite period of writing--what I consider the apex of the original Marvel Universe (call it 616 if you like; I don't personally)--stretches from about 1975 to 1990.

And my favorite arc of all time: the first Secret Wars (a very fond early childhood memory--even before I could read, I "read" so to speak, the Secret Wars)...

[PLAIN]http://www.bamkapow.com/bk_images/2008/06/05/hulk-amazing-feats/Hulk-mountain-Secret-Wars-4.jpg[/QUOTE]

Excuse the late reply; didn't notice.

Yeah, Secret Wars is one I've been meaning to read. I am pretty certain I read one of 'em in my younger years. (not that I'm that old, mind)

Indeed, they do seem to have a habit of messing things up. The Clone Saga while enjoyable at times, is a bit of disgrace imo. I've started reading ASM again, and I pretend none of this bull crap ever even happened (One More Day, Brand New Day, etc). Makes my life easier and I get to enjoy reading Spidey. :)

Then again, maybe that's why they even wrote OMD and BND? In any case, I didn't bother reading them (only read about 'em and decided to stay away); I've had my fair share of crap and didn't want any more!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thy Apathy said:
...Indeed, they do seem to have a habit of messing things up. The Clone Saga while enjoyable at times, is a bit of disgrace imo. I've started reading ASM again, and I pretend none of this bull crap ever even happened (One More Day, Brand New Day, etc). Makes my life easier and I get to enjoy reading Spidey... :)

It's pretty much what they force you to do. I'm all for loyalty; but I don't really feel like they've always given it in return. They have to experiment from time-to-time, if they want to get anything good of course; still I'm a wee bit annoyed at recent arcs and recons. That was always what DC did.

FrancisZ said:
It's pretty much what they force you to do. I'm all for loyalty; but I don't really feel like they've always given it in return. They have to experiment from time-to-time, if they want to get anything good of course; still I'm a wee bit annoyed at recent arcs and recons. That was always what DC did.

I've never read much DC, besides the odd comic book, so can't really comment on this. On a similar note: I've been hearing lots of wonderful things about Batman. Apparently Hush is a must-read.

Speaking of DC, are you familiar with Vertigo? I've read Transmetropolitan and I'd say it's the kind of book anyone with a brain (and even the slightest interest in graphic novels/comic books) should read.

Thy Apathy said:
I've never read much DC, besides the odd comic book, so can't really comment on this. On a similar note: I've been hearing lots of wonderful things about Batman. Apparently Hush is a must-read.

Speaking of DC, are you familiar with Vertigo? I've read Transmetropolitan and I'd say it's the kind of book anyone with a brain (and even the slightest interest in graphic novels/comic books) should read.

I know of Vertigo, but I've never read it. Shall try to look into that sometimes. I honestly don't read much DC (nor much of any title lately). I did like the "Elseworld" series (kind of the DC equivalent of "What If?").

I just read the new Astonishing Spider-Man and Wolverine, it's an absurdly great miniseries. Amazing Spider-man has been nice lately, and the Free Comic Book Day issue was also superb.

And pergradus, you haven't been out to the movie theaters in the past...ten years, have you.

Related to The Amazing Spider-Man: Has Parker Finally Found Happiness?

1. How does Peter Parker finally find happiness in "The Amazing Spider-Man"?

Peter Parker finally finds happiness by finding a balance between his responsibilities as Spider-Man and his personal life. He learns to prioritize his relationships and takes the time to enjoy life outside of being a superhero.

2. Does Peter Parker's happiness last throughout the film?

While there are moments of happiness for Peter Parker in "The Amazing Spider-Man," it is not a constant state. He still faces challenges and struggles, but he learns to cope with them in a healthier way.

3. What obstacles does Peter Parker face in finding happiness?

Peter Parker faces numerous obstacles in finding happiness, including the loss of loved ones, the pressure of being a superhero, and personal insecurities. He also must navigate complicated relationships and learn to let go of past mistakes.

4. How does finding happiness affect Peter Parker's role as Spider-Man?

Finding happiness allows Peter Parker to become a better version of himself, both as a person and as Spider-Man. He is able to use his newfound happiness to fuel his actions and make more rational decisions while still fulfilling his duties as a superhero.

5. Does the theme of happiness play a significant role in "The Amazing Spider-Man"?

Yes, the theme of happiness is central to the story of "The Amazing Spider-Man." It explores the idea that true happiness is not just about achieving one's goals, but also about finding inner peace and contentment despite life's challenges.