The electricfield inside a board

• Thread starter axcelenator
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Board
In summary, when finding the electric field inside a board charged with superficial density σ, you can use the expression E=-2∏Kμ(D^2-X^2). Also, the difference in potentials between two points where the electric field is zero is also zero.
axcelenator
a board charged with superficial density σ is in YZ and X=0. another board with a thickness of D(0<X<D) sticks to him with a volumed density ρ(x,y,z)=μ*X. The electric field out of the charged area is zero.
I have to find the elec field inside the board:i made a little gauss cylinder inside the board and outdise him. and so the answer is: E=-2∏Kμ(D^2 - X^2). but, why don't I add to that expresion the electric field of the board chaged with σ? (2∏Kσ)

My second quetion if I have to find the difference between the potentials between (2D,0,0) and (-2D,0,0) what should I do If the elec field is 0 in this areas?

Physics news on Phys.org
The difference in potentials between (2D,0,0) and (-2D,0,0) is zero since the electric field is zero in those regions. You don't need to add the electric field of the charged board to the expression for the electric field inside the board because the electric field of the charged board is outside the board and does not contribute to the electric field inside the board.

FAQ: The electricfield inside a board

1. What is the electric field inside a board?

The electric field inside a board refers to the strength and direction of the electric field within the material of a board, such as a circuit board or a wooden board. It is a measure of how much force the electric field exerts on a charged particle inside the board.

2. How is the electric field inside a board calculated?

The electric field inside a board can be calculated by dividing the electric potential difference between two points within the board by the distance between those points. This is known as the electric field equation: E = V/d, where E is the electric field, V is the potential difference, and d is the distance between the two points.

3. What factors affect the electric field inside a board?

The electric field inside a board can be affected by several factors, including the material of the board, the presence of any conductive materials or components, the shape and size of the board, and the presence of any external electric fields.

4. Can the electric field inside a board be manipulated?

Yes, the electric field inside a board can be manipulated by altering the material or components within the board, changing the shape or size of the board, or by shielding the board from external electric fields. This is often done in circuit boards to control the flow of electricity and prevent interference.

5. Why is the electric field inside a board important?

The electric field inside a board is important because it helps to determine how electricity will flow through the board and how components will behave. It is also crucial for understanding and designing electronic circuits and devices.

Back