The Financial aid committee approved my appeal

In summary, The financial committee approved my appeal but its too late. I've already given up on their answer to help extend my financial aid because I went over 150% of my credits. The classes I need were Intermediate Spanish and asked them to give me calc 3. They agreed to give me both of these classes, however; classes has already started and there's no more to register. I forgot to mention that its only to get an A.A. degree and the university at Buffalo does not require an A.A. to transfer. I already have 95 credits from the community college.Try talking to the registrar or the professors of the classes. They might let an extra student in if
kaos86
The financial committee approved my appeal but its too late. I've already gave up on their answer to help extend my financial aid because I went over 150% of my credits. The classes I need were Intermediate Spanish and asked them to give me calc 3. They agreed to give me both of these classes, however; classes has already started and there's no more to register.

I already turned in an application as a transfer student to University at Buffalo along with my final transcript. Should I tell them that it was too late to help me now?

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that its only to get an A.A. degree and the university at Buffalo does not require an A.A. to transfer. I already have 95 credits from the community college.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Try talking to the registrar or the professors of the classes. They might let an extra student in if you explain the situation. That is, if you're not dead-set on transferring.

At my school, even if the classes say they're closed sometimes they leave a few spots open for students who need them in that major. If you talk to someone, I'm sure they might be able to help out given the circumstances.

Agree with the above posters.

The computer system does not know your special circumstances. Talk to an actual person in the registrars office or with the professors for the courses. You still have options, but you need to talk to a real person.

Angry Citizen said:
Try talking to the registrar or the professors of the classes. They might let an extra student in if you explain the situation. That is, if you're not dead-set on transferring.

I already sent everything required at UB and they gave me a person's number. Also, I heard that I can dodge the foreign language requirement courses because getting n A.A. is not required for this university. Any thoughts on that?

Related to The Financial aid committee approved my appeal

What is a financial aid appeal?

A financial aid appeal is a request made by a student to their college or university's financial aid committee to reconsider their financial aid package. This is typically done if the student's financial situation has changed since they initially applied for aid.

Why would I need to appeal my financial aid?

There are several reasons why a student may need to appeal their financial aid, including a change in financial circumstances, unexpected expenses, or a mistake on their initial application. Appealing can potentially result in an increase in financial aid, making it more affordable for the student to attend their chosen school.

How do I know if my appeal has been approved?

If your appeal is approved, you will receive notification from the financial aid committee or your school's financial aid office. This may come in the form of an email, letter, or notice on your school's student portal. It is important to regularly check your communication channels to ensure you do not miss any updates.

What happens after my appeal is approved?

If your appeal is approved, the financial aid committee will adjust your financial aid package accordingly. This may include an increase in grants, scholarships, or loans. You will then be required to accept or decline the updated package, and your school's financial aid office will disburse the funds to you.

Can I appeal more than once?

Yes, you can appeal your financial aid package more than once throughout your college career. However, it is important to have a valid reason for each appeal and to provide any necessary documentation to support your request. It is also important to keep in mind that an appeal does not guarantee an increase in aid, as it ultimately depends on the discretion of the financial aid committee.