The Growing industries of the future .

• Thread starter avant-garde
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Future
In summary, the conversation discussed the growth potential and lucrative fields in the future, specifically in engineering. The speakers mentioned electrical engineering, chemical engineering, technology, warp drive engineering, finance, and energy conversion as potential areas for growth. They also touched on the importance of choosing a career based on personal interests rather than solely on projected earnings and job security. The conversation concluded with a mention of the versatility and necessity of both electrical and mechanical engineering in various industries.
avant-garde
The Growing industries of the future...

In 10-15 years, what are some technologies or fields that should be booming? I want to enter an engineering career that will be the most lucrative in the future (I also love all of them)...

btw, electrical engineering or chemical engineering?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Like, are all of the profitable, growing fields going to be in the technology sector?

warp drive engineering hopefully, yup I'm investing all my money on Zephram Cochrane

or finance if that is profitable...

I think the issue at hand is that it's very difficult to tell what the future is going to hold. You're asking 10-15 years down the road. Things could be very different even 5 years down the road - about the time you finish your degree. That's one of the reasons it's important to choose your path of study and career based on what you enjoy doing rather than simply projected earning potential and job security. 15 years ago a job with General Motors or Chrysler meant security for life.

I'd say energy conversion. We need more useful and less detrimental sources of energy. Progress in any field depends on energy. But that's just my $.02...

What can you do if you want to work on the business side of EE? Dont they get paid more?

Nuclear/Petroleum/Aerospace due to rising interest in their specialties.It's hard to really say EE or ME since they're so versatile and they're always going to be needed for nearly every aspect of all industries.

FAQ: The Growing industries of the future .

1. What are the top industries that are expected to grow in the future?

According to experts, the top industries that are expected to grow in the future include technology, renewable energy, healthcare, e-commerce, and artificial intelligence.

2. What factors contribute to the growth of these industries?

The growth of these industries can be attributed to several factors, such as advancements in technology, changes in consumer behavior, government policies and investments, and the need for sustainability and efficiency.

3. How will these industries impact the job market?

The growth of these industries will create new job opportunities, especially in the fields of technology, data analysis, and renewable energy. However, it may also lead to job displacement in some industries that are becoming obsolete.

4. What are the challenges that these industries may face in the future?

Some of the challenges that these industries may face include competition, changes in regulations and policies, and ethical concerns surrounding technology and artificial intelligence. Additionally, there may be challenges in finding skilled workers to fill the new job positions.

5. How can individuals prepare for the growing industries of the future?

Individuals can prepare for the growing industries of the future by continuously updating their skills and knowledge, especially in areas related to technology and sustainability. It is also important to stay informed about industry trends and be open to learning new skills and adapting to changes in the job market.

Back