The Impact of Screen Time on Children's Language Skills

wiktoria-sciencevega
My name is Wiktoria, I'm particularly fascinated by how social structures, behaviours, and environments shape human experiences. Whether it's exploring psychology, sociology, or education, I believe in the power of understanding societal dynamics to improve and uplift communities.Recently, I came across an article that highlighted something I wholeheartedly agree with—screen time is impacting children's language development. Let me know your opinions!

Here are a few key points from the article:

• Heavy screen use leads to weaker vocabulary skills: Children from families that use screens frequently show poorer language development.
  • Video games are the biggest culprit: They tend to consume the most time and reduce opportunities for learning and interaction.
  • Interactive, real-world engagement is crucial: Kids develop stronger vocabulary when engaged in conversations and activities outside of screens.
You can read more about this study here, sourced from Science Vega:
https://sciencevega.com/social-scie...ch-screen-time-struggle-with-language-skills/

Likes berkeman
Computer science news on Phys.org
The article report largely matches what some or more may already have believed intuitively.

Likes berkeman
Did you read the full article ?

wiktoria-sciencevega said:
Did you read the full article ?
Maybe done a little more than two-thirds, and quickly. The results mostly not seem surprising.

Likes berkeman