The internet is so helpful (for cooking)

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of scalding or scorching milk for a recipe. The individual uses Google to search for information and finds instructions on a website. The conversation also includes a humorous explanation of scalding and the usefulness of the internet.
BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I have a recipe for ice cream that requires me to "scald" the milk. :confused: I type in "scald milk" into google and, sure enough, I get a list of web sites that explain how to scald/scorch milk.

From O Chef
O Chef said:
Q: How do you scorch milk?

A: Put the milk in a pan (preferably a thin-bottomed one) over very high heat and leave the room. Come back when the smell becomes unpleasant and throw the milk and the pan away.

Okay, after that, it actually does explain what's meant by scalding/scorching milk. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Scalding means just to make the milk hot, but not to boil it. Oh, it explains. :redface:

The internet is so helpful (with everything)!

Related to The internet is so helpful (for cooking)

1. How does the internet help with cooking?

The internet provides access to a vast amount of recipes, cooking tutorials, and ingredient substitutions. It also allows for easy meal planning and grocery shopping.

2. Can the internet improve my cooking skills?

Yes, the internet offers a variety of cooking resources such as cooking classes, tips and tricks, and forums to connect with other cooks and learn from their experiences.

3. Is it safe to follow recipes from the internet?

As with any recipe, it is important to use caution and follow the instructions carefully. It is also advisable to read reviews and ratings from other users before trying a new recipe.

4. Can the internet help with dietary restrictions and allergies?

Absolutely, the internet has a plethora of recipes and resources for those with dietary restrictions or allergies. There are also websites and apps that allow you to filter recipes based on your specific needs.

5. How can the internet save me time and money in the kitchen?

The internet can help save time by providing quick and easy recipes, meal planning tools, and grocery delivery services. It can also save money by offering budget-friendly recipes and allowing you to compare prices online before making a purchase.