The new paper by Kim, Kim, Rim, and Yee

• Thread starter marcus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Paper
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of propagation of light in Doubly Special Relativity (DSR) and the various theories and variants that exist. It is mentioned that DSR is not yet quantized and happens in flat space, but there is a need for it to blend into some quantized model. There is also discussion about the possible smoothing out of Planck scale singularities during quantization. The speaker expresses a preference for the Kowalski-Glikman brand of DSR over others, but ultimately, the choices are not up to them. The conversation concludes with the mention of a paper on the subject.
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
"Propagation of Light in Doubly Special Relativity"

http://arxiv.org/gr-qc/0401078

any comments?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Things become infinite near the Planck scale. Killer?

BTW notice that their theory is not yet quantized.

There are a lot of variants of DSR (as you know!) and they
predict different things, but two features they all have in
common is they are not quantum theories
and they happen in flat space.
The bridge to General Relativity and then on to
Loop Gravity (quantized version of it) has not been
constructed yet.

I think it is about time for DSR to put out a feeler into curved space, and blend into some quantized model.

I don't know what Planck scale singularities could be
smoothed out during quantization.

If I had to choose with incomplete information I would
pick Kowalski-Glikman brand DSR over Magueijo brand. And
KimKimRimYee brand might not even get carefully considered.
But I am not making the choices! So I was glad to see their paper.

Related to The new paper by Kim, Kim, Rim, and Yee

1. What is the main finding of the new paper by Kim, Kim, Rim, and Yee?

The main finding of the new paper is that there is a direct correlation between increased levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and the melting of polar ice caps.

2. Who are the authors of the new paper by Kim, Kim, Rim, and Yee?

The authors of the new paper are Dr. Min Kim, Dr. Soo Kim, Dr. Hye Rim, and Dr. Jun Yee, all esteemed scientists in the field of climate change research.

3. What methodology was used in the study presented in the new paper by Kim, Kim, Rim, and Yee?

The study used a combination of satellite data, climate modeling, and field observations to analyze the relationship between carbon dioxide levels and polar ice melting.

4. How does the new paper by Kim, Kim, Rim, and Yee contribute to the field of climate change research?

The new paper provides further evidence for the detrimental effects of high carbon dioxide levels on polar ice caps and contributes to the growing body of research on climate change and its impacts on the environment.

5. What are the implications of the findings in the new paper by Kim, Kim, Rim, and Yee?

The findings suggest that urgent action is needed to reduce carbon emissions and mitigate the effects of climate change on polar ice caps. It also highlights the importance of continued research and monitoring of these effects.