Trigonometry Help: Qs 1, 4, 5 - Get Answers Now!

In summary: Thanks for the help.In summary, the first question is asking for the measures of two angles, one positive and one negative, that are coterminous with the given angle. The answer is 75 degrees. For problem 2, you have the "near side" and "opposite side" reversed. Problem 3 you have correct. For problem 4, the question is asking how many rotations does a pulley make in 1 hour, and your answer is 8.3 hr. For question number 1, you subtract 3600 from 750 and get 4350. For problem 2, you subtract 3600 from 750 and get -2850. For problem 3, you subtract 3600 from 750 and get 3750. For problem 4
dimension
hey guy I am new to the forum

im having a hard time understand number 1, 4, 5. i post all the question for anyone to double check my answers.
thanks for the help guys
http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clipimage002ak9.jpg
http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clipimage002ak9.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
For number 5, be sure you use the right units. You have 8.3 hrs.
Wouldn't it be 8.3 rotations/hr?

? The first question is "Find the measures of two angles, one positive an one negative, that are coterminous with the given angle" and you answer "75 degrees".

We can't possibly tell you whether that is right or wrong because you don't show the diagram or the "given angle"! I can tell you that your answer is not COMPLETE because it asks for TWO angles and you give only one!

For problem 2 you seem to have the "near side" and "opposite side" reversed.

Problem 3 you have correct.

It's not clear to me what your answer to problem 4 is. How did you get that point?

For problem 4 the question is "how many rotations does a pulley make in 1 hour and your answer is "8.3 hr"! That can't possibly be right!

dlgoff said:
For number 5, be sure you use the right units. You have 8.3 hrs.
Wouldn't it be 8.3 rotations/hr?

i see what you mean. thanks for the help man

HallsofIvy said:
? The first question is "Find the measures of two angles, one positive an one negative, that are coterminous with the given angle" and you answer "75 degrees".

We can't possibly tell you whether that is right or wrong because you don't show the diagram or the "given angle"! I can tell you that your answer is not COMPLETE because it asks for TWO angles and you give only one!

For problem 2 you seem to have the "near side" and "opposite side" reversed.

Problem 3 you have correct.

It's not clear to me what your answer to problem 4 is. How did you get that point?

For problem 4 the question is "how many rotations does a pulley make in 1 hour and your answer is "8.3 hr"! That can't possibly be right!

for question number 1) The given angle is 75 degrees. how do i go about this question?? sorry

for question 4) I am still not sure what the question is asking.
http://img148.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clipimage003az0.jpg

Last edited:
after a long night, i got the answer

problem 1) is 3600- 750 = 4350
-3600+750 = -2850

problem 4) the 58 is in radians. so 6.28x9=56.52 then 58-56.52= 1.40
which is 1.40 off 1.57. remember to change the degrees to radians that how i got the answer

i want to thank you guy for the help i really applicative it cheers

dimension said:
after a long night, i got the answer

problem 1) is 3600- 750 = 4350

This is the most interesting way to subtract I have ever seen.

Diffy said:
This is the most interesting way to subtract I have ever seen.

D'oh, but you guys know what i meant.

FAQ: Trigonometry Help: Qs 1, 4, 5 - Get Answers Now!

1. What is trigonometry?

Trigonometry is a branch of mathematics that deals with the relationships and properties of triangles and the angles and sides within them.

2. Why is trigonometry important?

Trigonometry is used in a variety of fields such as engineering, physics, navigation, and astronomy. It helps us understand and solve problems involving angles and distances.

3. What are the basic trigonometric functions?

The basic trigonometric functions are sine, cosine, and tangent. These functions represent the ratios of the sides of a right triangle.

4. How do I solve trigonometric equations?

To solve a trigonometric equation, you must use algebraic manipulation and the properties of trigonometric identities to isolate the variable and find its value.

5. Can trigonometry be used in real life?

Yes, trigonometry is used in many real-life applications such as calculating distances and heights, designing structures, and analyzing waves and oscillations.

Back