Trigonometry to Memorize and Trigonometry to Derive

In summary, the attached file contains a helpful resource for memorizing and deriving trigonometry concepts. The first two pages contain all necessary information, while the last page provides additional derivations. The file has been updated with improved visuals and tick markers on the graph for better understanding. For comments and questions, please refer to the provided link.
Ackbach
Gold Member
MHB
In my career, so far, the first two pages of the attached sheets contains everything I've ever needed to have in my head; the last sheet contains most things I've had to derive. I hope you find this helpful.

https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/910._xfImport

Comments and questions should be posted here:

http://mathhelpboards.com/commentary-threads-53/commentary-trigonometry-memorize-trigonometry-derive-4226.html

Attachments

• TrigKnowledge.pdf
    107.1 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Mathematics news on Phys.org
I'm very excited to have updated my TrigKnowledge file. The two triangles are now drawn using tikz, and the two graphs of sine and cosine I drew using Sage. I figured out a way to get Sage to use multiples of $\pi/4$ as the tick markers on the $x$-axis, which greatly enhances this graph, in my opinion. Enjoy!

Related to Trigonometry to Memorize and Trigonometry to Derive

What is "Trigonometry to Memorize"?

"Trigonometry to Memorize" refers to the basic principles, formulas, and identities in trigonometry that are commonly used and should be memorized for ease of calculation and problem-solving.

What is "Trigonometry to Derive"?

"Trigonometry to Derive" refers to the more advanced principles, formulas, and identities in trigonometry that can be derived from the basic principles and are used to solve more complex problems.

What are the basic trigonometric functions?

The basic trigonometric functions are sine, cosine, and tangent, which represent the ratios of the sides of a right triangle in relation to its angles.

What are some commonly used trigonometric identities?

Some commonly used trigonometric identities include the Pythagorean identities, double angle identities, and sum and difference identities.

Why is it important to understand both "Trigonometry to Memorize" and "Trigonometry to Derive"?

Understanding both "Trigonometry to Memorize" and "Trigonometry to Derive" allows for a more comprehensive understanding of trigonometry and its applications. It also enables the ability to solve a wider range of problems and use trigonometry in various fields of science and mathematics.