Troubleshooting Latex Tags in PM: Repeating Image Generation Issue

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter Schrodinger's Dog
  • Start date
In summary, someone pm'd me asking for an equation for some problem. However, tex tags appear not to work in pm, and attachments aren't supported. I directed him to the homework helper section and gave him the equation I think he needed anyway. Hope it's the right one.
Schrodinger's Dog
Someone pm'd me asking for an equation for some problem.

However tex tags appear not to work in pm?

It just repeatedly says latex is generating an image or some such forever? No matter how many times I refresh?

[tex] F(g)=K(g)\frac{m1\times m2}{r^2}[/tex]

I've cut and pasted this, this is the image.

Is that normal, I've never sent tex by pm?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
LaTex and attachments aren't supported in PM.

Evo said:
LaTex and attachments aren't supported in PM.

May I ask why? Not that I care honestly, I'm just curious? That's the first time ever anyone's asked me for homework advice in pm :smile: I directed him to the homework helper section and gave him the equation I think he needed anyway. Hope it's the right one.

My guess would be bandwidth. As for attachments, someone could potentially spam a large number of members without us being aware until it was too late.

chroot or Greg would know that answer.

And anyone that receives an unsolicited request for homework help should refer that person back to the forum, it is, after all, why we exist.

No, it's not bandwidth. It's that it'd take an awful lot of work for very little gain. Few people have asked for the feature. If more people are interested, I'll consider looking into it.

- Warren

Thanks muchly I directed him to the wrong exact section, and the equation wasn't the right one, but I'm sure he'll get an answer presently. Thanks for the advice. :smile:

Off topic: welcome back, Schrog ! :smile:

radou said:
Off topic: welcome back, Schrog ! :smile:

Thanks, you're all so nice today, makes me feel right back at home :smile:

Indeed, welcome back Schrodinger's Dog. Haven't seen you in a while.

Sup, I've been training up my ninja powers and stuff :smile:

Yeah -- good to see you back SD :smile:

Good to be back :smile:

FAQ: Troubleshooting Latex Tags in PM: Repeating Image Generation Issue

1. What is the issue with repeating images in PM?

The issue is that when using Latex tags in PM, the images are not generating properly and are repeating multiple times instead of appearing once.

2. How can I troubleshoot this issue?

To troubleshoot this issue, you can first check the Latex tags used in the document to ensure they are correct and properly formatted. You can also try refreshing the page or clearing your cache to see if the issue persists.

3. Are there any common mistakes that can cause this issue?

Yes, some common mistakes that can cause this issue include using incorrect Latex syntax, using the same tag multiple times in the same document, or not properly closing the tag.

4. Does the version of PM or Latex affect this issue?

It is possible that the version of PM or Latex being used can affect this issue. It is recommended to check for any updates and ensure that you are using the most recent versions.

5. Is there a specific way to format Latex tags to avoid this issue?

Yes, it is important to follow proper Latex syntax and formatting guidelines to avoid any issues with repeating images in PM. It is also helpful to double-check the tags and their placement within the document.