Troubleshooting Login Issues on Laptop w/ Firefox & NoScript

• Thread starter fluidistic
  • Start date
In summary, the person is having trouble staying logged in on their laptop, despite checking the "Stay logged in" box. They are using Firefox with the NoScript addon and have enabled certain websites. They are wondering if it could be a cookie issue and try changing their cookie settings, which solves the problem. They also try turning off NoScript and clearing their browser, but the issue persists.
fluidistic
Gold Member
When I use my laptop I can't stay logged in anymore. Every time I reboot (or restart my browser I think but I'm not 100% sure), I'm asked to log in. I already ticked the "Stay logged in" box but it doesn't seem to work.
I use firefox with noscript addon and I have enabled: physicsforums.com, googleapis.com, mathjax.org, netdna-ssl.com and in "untrusted" I have: google-analytics.com, addthis.com and viglink.com
Any idea what could be wrong?

Physics news on Phys.org
The problem remains. I guess it's cookie-related.

Ok problem solved. In firefox in cookie settings I had "allow for session" the ones from PF. I changed it to "allow". Now it seems to work. :)

Likes lisab and Greg Bernhardt
Try clearing everything

FAQ: Troubleshooting Login Issues on Laptop w/ Firefox & NoScript

What are the common causes of login issues on a laptop with Firefox and NoScript?

The most common cause of login issues on a laptop with Firefox and NoScript is the browser's security settings. NoScript is a browser extension that blocks Javascript, which can interfere with the login process on certain websites. Additionally, outdated browser versions, incorrect login credentials, and network connectivity problems can also cause login issues.

How can I troubleshoot login issues on my laptop with Firefox and NoScript?

The first step in troubleshooting login issues is to disable NoScript and try logging in again. If this resolves the issue, you may need to adjust the settings of NoScript to allow Javascript on the login page. You should also make sure that your browser and NoScript are up to date, and double-check your login credentials for accuracy. If the issue persists, try accessing the website on a different browser or device to determine if the problem is specific to your laptop.

Why am I experiencing login issues on my laptop with Firefox and NoScript, but not on my other devices?

This could be due to differences in the browser settings or versions on your devices. NoScript may be installed and enabled on your laptop's Firefox browser, but not on other devices. Additionally, network connectivity issues or outdated browser versions may also be contributing to the problem on your laptop.

Can I use NoScript on my laptop while still being able to login to websites?

Yes, it is possible to use NoScript and still login to websites. You can adjust the settings of NoScript to allow Javascript on specific websites, including the ones you need to login to. You can also temporarily disable NoScript if needed, but keep in mind that this may decrease the security of your browsing experience.

What should I do if I am still unable to login on my laptop with Firefox and NoScript after troubleshooting?

If you have tried all of the troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing login issues, you may need to contact the website's customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide specific instructions for logging in with NoScript enabled, or they may be able to troubleshoot any technical issues with the website itself. You can also consider using a different browser or device to access the website in the meantime.