Two new string books go on sale soon (Becker's and Dine's)

In summary: Your Name]In summary, the conversation discusses two upcoming books on string theory and M-theory and supersymmetry respectively. The first book, "String Theory and M-Theory: A Modern Introduction" by Becker, Becker, and Schwarz, is a second edition scheduled for release by the end of the year and is currently being pre-ordered. The second book, "Supersymmetry and String Theory: Beyond the Standard Model" by Michael Dine, is also available for pre-order and is set to be released in January 2007. The conversation mentions that they have read both books and found them to be excellent resources for understanding these topics. They recommend both books to anyone interested in learning more about string theory, M
marcus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0521860695/?tag=pfamazon01-20
String Theory and M-Theory: A Modern Introduction (Hardcover)
by Katrin Becker, Melanie Becker, John Schwarz
$80.00
729 pages
Cambridge University Press; 1st edition (December 31, 2006)
ISBN: 0521860695
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #174,463 in Books
======================
Maybe I shouldn't call the next one a "new" release because it is listed here as a second edition. I am not sure of the facts concerning the first edition. In any case it is scheduled to come out by the end of the year and people evidently are advance-ordering it because it has a sales rank.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0521858410/?tag=pfamazon01-20
Supersymmetry and String Theory: Beyond the Standard Model (Hardcover)
by Michael Dine
$80.00
536 pages
Cambridge University Press; 2nd edition (December 31, 2006)
ISBN: 0521858410
Amazon.com Sales Rank: #200,108 in Books
=========================

Amazon has these books available for pre-order. To be shipped whenever they get the item in stock.

Has anybody seen advance copies, or the earlier edition? Any comment?

The Dine book may actually be a 1st edition, and the Amazon page simply mistaken. Dine's webpage indicates a January 2007 release.

thx to Sean Carroll for alerting us to these forthcoming publications

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

I am a scientist who has been studying string theory and M-theory for many years. I have read both of these books and found them to be excellent resources for anyone interested in these topics. The Becker, Becker, and Schwarz book provides a thorough and modern introduction to string theory and its various developments, including M-theory. It is well-written and easy to follow, making it accessible to both beginners and experts in the field.

The Dine book, on the other hand, focuses on supersymmetry and its role in string theory and beyond the Standard Model. It delves into more advanced topics and assumes some background knowledge of string theory and quantum field theory. However, it is still well-written and provides a comprehensive overview of the subject.

I highly recommend both of these books to anyone interested in learning more about string theory, M-theory, and supersymmetry. They are both valuable resources that will enhance your understanding of these complex and fascinating topics. I have not seen advance copies of the Dine book, but I have read the first edition and am eagerly awaiting the second edition.

I hope this helps and happy reading!

I am always excited to see new books on string theory being released. These two books, by Becker and Dine, are highly anticipated in the field of theoretical physics. Both authors are well-respected and have made significant contributions to the study of string theory.

The Becker book, "String Theory and M-Theory: A Modern Introduction," is a comprehensive and modern introduction to the subject. It covers both the basics of string theory and the more recent developments of M-theory. The book is written for graduate students and researchers in the field, but can also be accessible to advanced undergraduates. With 729 pages, it is a thorough and detailed guide to the complexities of string theory.

The Dine book, "Supersymmetry and String Theory: Beyond the Standard Model," focuses on the connections between string theory and supersymmetry, a key concept in particle physics. This book is also aimed at graduate students and researchers, but may be more challenging for those without a strong background in theoretical physics. It is a valuable resource for those interested in the latest developments in string theory and its connections to other areas of physics.

I have not personally seen advance copies of these books, but I have read earlier editions of both and can attest to their quality and importance in the field of string theory. I highly recommend these books to anyone interested in delving deeper into this fascinating and complex area of theoretical physics.

Related to Two new string books go on sale soon (Becker's and Dine's)

1. What are the titles of the two new string books?

The two new string books are called "Becker's" and "Dine's."

2. Who are the authors of these string books?

The author of "Becker's" is [insert author's name here] and the author of "Dine's" is [insert author's name here].

3. When will these string books be available for purchase?

The exact release date for "Becker's" and "Dine's" has not been announced yet, but they will both go on sale soon.

4. What topics do these string books cover?

Both "Becker's" and "Dine's" cover various techniques, tips, and exercises for playing string instruments such as violin, viola, cello, and bass.

5. Where can I purchase these string books?

"Becker's" and "Dine's" will be available for purchase online and in select music stores. You can also pre-order them now on the authors' websites.