Unanswered phenomenon in earth orbit

In summary: I'm not sure whether the above references are acceptable or not.In summary, the conversation discussed various phenomenon encountered by scientists in Earth orbit, including the pioneer anomaly and the flyby anomaly. These anomalies involve unexplained increases in kinetic energy and remain unresolved. The conversation also referenced the wikipedia page on unsolved problems in physics and the need for more specific questions and reliable sources.
adastra
What are the phenomenon so far encountered by scientists, that happens in Earth orbit? I mean observational anomaly

One of such phenomenon is pioneer anomaly.

what are the others?

Anyone please add to the list, or refer me to some reading resource

Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
that i already tried

adastra said:
What are the phenomenon so far encountered by scientists, that happens in Earth orbit? I mean observational anomaly

One of such phenomenon is pioneer anomaly.

what are the others?

Anyone please add to the list, or refer me to some reading resource

You are painting with an extremely broad brush: The pioneer probes are farther than Earth orbit by 6 or 7 orders of magnitude - (i.e. if each individual bristle is an Earth orbit, then your brush is about 5 kilometers wide)

DaveC426913 said:
You are painting with an extremely broad brush: The pioneer probes are farther than Earth orbit by 6 or 7 orders of magnitude - (i.e. if each individual bristle is an Earth orbit, then your brush is about 5 kilometers wide)

I don't get this brush thing... if each bristle is 150 mln km how is it possible for the brush to be 108 times thinner?

Borek said:
I don't get this brush thing... if each bristle is 150 mln km how is it possible for the brush to be 108 times thinner?
I think Dave meant to say if you reduce an Earth orbit to the size of a bristle, the brush with which the OP is painting is about 5 kilometers wide.

OK, makes sense this way.

I actually meant, pioneer anomaly is an anomaly detected first while that spacecraft was in Earth orbit. it got more kinetic energy, than it was supposed to.

This anomaly is yet unexplained.

I asked for similar anomaly and observational problems.

thanx

adastra said:
I actually meant, pioneer anomaly is an anomaly detected first while that spacecraft was in Earth orbit. it got more kinetic energy, than it was supposed to.
I am highly dubious of this. Do you have a reference for iths?

And where in there does it say that the craft was affected while still in Earth orbit??

Please check your facts.

Sorry, I mixed this with pioneer anomaly:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flyby_anomaly

This is in Earth orbit, and effect is same (though internal mechanism might be different) - unexplained increase of energy.

The topic of this thread is ridiculously broad. adastra, I suggest that you take some time to think about the questions you wish to ask, and formulate them in some detail. I'm closing this thread. If you wish to ask a specific question, then please start a new thread. Also, note that wikipedia is not acceptable as a reference here at PF: you must link to a published, peer-reviewed paper.

FAQ: Unanswered phenomenon in earth orbit

1. What is an "unanswered phenomenon" in Earth's orbit?

An unanswered phenomenon in Earth's orbit refers to a natural occurrence or event that has not yet been fully explained or understood by scientists and researchers.

2. What are some examples of unanswered phenomena in Earth's orbit?

Some examples of unanswered phenomena in Earth's orbit include the Van Allen radiation belts, the equatorial ionospheric anomaly, and the Earth's magnetic field reversal.

3. Why is it important for scientists to study unanswered phenomena in Earth's orbit?

Studying unanswered phenomena in Earth's orbit can help scientists gain a better understanding of our planet and its surrounding environment. It can also lead to advancements in technology and provide insights into other planetary systems.

4. How do scientists investigate and study unanswered phenomena in Earth's orbit?

Scientists use a variety of tools and techniques to investigate and study unanswered phenomena in Earth's orbit. These may include satellites, ground-based observations, computer simulations, and data analysis.

5. Is there a possibility that unanswered phenomena in Earth's orbit will never be fully explained?

While it is possible that some unanswered phenomena in Earth's orbit may never have a complete explanation, continued research and advancements in technology can help us gain a better understanding of these mysteries.

Back