Understanding Autism and ADHD in the Workplace

• Thread starter KJJ71
  • Start date
In summary, understanding autism and ADHD in the workplace is crucial for creating an inclusive and supportive environment for individuals with these conditions. Both autism and ADHD are neurodevelopmental disorders that can impact an individual's ability to communicate and focus, but with accommodations and understanding from colleagues and employers, they can thrive in their professional lives. It is important to promote awareness and education about these conditions in the workplace and to provide accommodations such as flexible schedules and clear communication to help individuals with autism and ADHD succeed. With a better understanding of these conditions, workplaces can become more inclusive and diverse, leading to a more positive and productive environment for all employees.
KJJ71
How did you find PF?
Google search
Hi everyone,

I am a 48 year old family man with a wife and 2 children. I have worked in the railway sector for the majority of my career as a maintenance engineer and Team Leader.

I am Autistic with Asperger Syndrome and ADHD. This condition has had a positive effect with my work due to my logical working methods especially when I very much enjoy engineering. Academically I have no formal qualifications, and learn through hands on experiences however, because of this I have come to a dead end with my latest home project which I need some help with and why I will be Kindly asking for your assistance with.

I have all the details and drawings in my head but am unable to make the calculations necessary to prove it will work and critical quantities / tolerances needed to succeed.

I look forward to your advice, very nice talking to you all.

Thank you.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

Thank you PeroK.