Understanding Electromagnetic Waves Scattering for Beginners

• Thread starter Nam Burger
  • Start date
In summary, understanding electromagnetic wave scattering is crucial for beginners in the field. Electromagnetic waves are disturbances in the electric and magnetic fields that can travel through space. When they encounter objects, they can be scattered or reflected, which is important for various applications such as radar and imaging. Scattering is influenced by factors like the size and shape of the object, as well as the wavelength and polarization of the wave. By understanding these concepts, beginners can gain a better understanding of how electromagnetic waves behave and how they can be utilized in different scenarios.
Nam Burger
Hello, world;

Sorry, I do have many questions in this introduction, however, it isn't homework. But don't we all have question about this world haha.

I'm a Computer Science(hence the "hello world" application) student at Louisiana State University. I've always had a kicked for physics but never have time to take the course (I work full-time at 40 hours a week and currently taking 19 hours of school). Here is the deal:

I recently quit my job at the ITs department to join a Math professor write a program using html, css, and javascript to calculates and plot the graph of the Electromagnetic Waves Scattering. I'm now still working a solid 25 hours a week as a sushi chef, on top of school and this project at the same time. My problem, currently, is that I don't have a clue how it all works. I'm willing to put in the time and hours to figure it all out, but it is really hard to understand it without a good guide on where to start. I'm currently only in cal2 but I'm doing very well in the class; jumping ahead and teaching myself cal3 and Linear Algebra also (because I know these things are needed to understand EMWS).

Now I'm not the type to go for the "get rich quick" type of deal. I'd like to understand everything in details but at the same time, my time is quite limited. Now the professor I'm working with is very nice, he is willing to pay me to just learn the material. However, I don't like taking money if I haven't done anything. Therefore, I need every guidance possible to help me understand all these businesses asap.

Please, help, our project could become a good contribute to the physics community in the near future. As my jive best friend usually tells me: "help me help you!" o0)o0)

No seriously haha please help!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!