Understanding Self-Dual Fields and Topologically Massive Vector Gauge Fields

In summary, the conversation is about the definitions of self-dual field and self-dual topologically massive vector gauge field. The person is seeking clarification on the definitions and references a paper and a chapter that provide some insight but not a complete understanding.
PhyAmateur
Hello! I hope I posted this in the right section.

I have tried to google the definitions of what follows but I didn't get what I expected. I would like to ask you then:

What is the definition of a self-dual field and a self-dual topologically massive vector gauge field?

Thank you very much.

This is in reference to this paper: http://arxiv.org/pdf/hep-th/9705122.pdf

Physics news on Phys.org
Probably you have found this?
http://www.ma.utexas.edu/users/dafr/Index/Olson.pdf
They give a definition of (anti)self-dual in the corresponding chapter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes PhyAmateur
Thank you for your trial. Yes I have saw this, it gave me a slight insight about what it is but not the big picture.

Related to Understanding Self-Dual Fields and Topologically Massive Vector Gauge Fields

1. What is the definition of biology?

Biology is the scientific study of living organisms and their interactions with their environment.

2. Can you explain the definition of physics?

Physics is the branch of science that deals with matter, energy, motion, and force, and how they interact with each other in the universe.

3. What is the definition of chemistry?

Chemistry is the scientific discipline that focuses on the composition, structure, properties, and reactions of matter.

4. How would you define geology?

Geology is the scientific study of the Earth, its structure, composition, and processes that have shaped it over time.

5. What does the field of astronomy encompass?

Astronomy is the study of celestial objects, such as stars, planets, galaxies, and the universe as a whole, using scientific methods and techniques.

Back