Understanding the Inverse Laplace Transform: Solving for 3/s√(π)

In summary, the conversation discusses a problem involving the Laplace transform and the use of the Laplace table to find the correct transformation. The solution involves multiplying by sqrt(π) and using the 6th formula from the Laplace table with n=0.
jdawg

Homework Statement

L-1{3/s1/2}

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

3L-1{1/s1/2}

3L-1{(1/sqrt(π))(sqrt(π)/(sqrt(s))}

3/(sqrt(π))L-1{(sqrt(π))/(sqrt(s))}

3/(sqrt(π))(1/(sqrt(t))

This is what I got from the solution for this problem. What tipped them off to multiply by sqrt(π)? And which Laplace transform did they use to go from L-1{sqrt(π)/sqrt(s)} to 1/sqrt(t)? I can't seem to find the right one on my table.Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
jdawg said:

Homework Statement

L-1{3/s1/2}

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

3L-1{1/s1/2}

3L-1{(1/sqrt(π))(sqrt(π)/(sqrt(s))}

3/(sqrt(π))L-1{(sqrt(π))/(sqrt(s))}

3/(sqrt(π))(1/(sqrt(t))

This is what I got from the solution for this problem. What tipped them off to multiply by sqrt(π)? And which Laplace transform did they use to go from L-1{sqrt(π)/sqrt(s)} to 1/sqrt(t)? I can't seem to find the right one on my table.Thanks!
See http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/classes/de/laplace_table.aspx. #6 looks like it would work here.

Likes jdawg
Ok! So what is n in this case? Does n=0?

jdawg said:
Ok! So what is n in this case? Does n=0?
Yes

Thanks!

Related to Understanding the Inverse Laplace Transform: Solving for 3/s√(π)

1. What is an Inverse Laplace Transform?

An Inverse Laplace Transform is an operation that converts a function from the Laplace domain to the time domain. It is the reverse process of the Laplace Transform and is used to solve differential equations and analyze systems in engineering and mathematics.

2. How is the Inverse Laplace Transform calculated?

The Inverse Laplace Transform can be calculated using various methods such as partial fraction decomposition, convolution, or using tables and properties of Laplace Transform. It is a complex mathematical operation that requires an understanding of advanced calculus.

3. What are the applications of Inverse Laplace Transform?

The Inverse Laplace Transform has various applications in engineering, physics, and mathematics. It is used to solve differential equations, analyze systems in control theory, and study the behavior of signals and systems.

4. What are some properties of Inverse Laplace Transform?

Some properties of Inverse Laplace Transform include linearity, shifting, scaling, and differentiation. These properties make it easier to manipulate and solve functions in the time domain.

5. Are there any limitations of Inverse Laplace Transform?

Yes, there are some limitations of Inverse Laplace Transform. It may not always exist for all functions, and it may not be unique for some functions. It also requires advanced mathematical knowledge to perform the calculations accurately.