Upperclassman High Schooler Explores Physics with Experts

• Thread starter infinitetime
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary, infinitetime has joined us to learn more about physics. She is interested in studying physics in college, and we hope to help her achieve her goals.
infinitetime
Hello, I am an upperclassman, high school girl eager to learn as much as I can about physics. I know that's kind of weird since you all are adults who are either professors or else very knowledgeable in the field, but I joined in hopes that I will learn as much as I can from you guys. I have been studying various physics concepts on my own, including string theory, but due to my lack of a college level education in physics, it is sometimes difficult to understand all of the material.

I am extremely interested in majoring in some aspect of the physics arena later on in the future, maybe even becoming a professor. I am very excited whenever I am able to broaden my horizons concerning the subject of physics, such as joining this site, because I feel it brings me that much closer to my goals. So, this is just an intro about me and I hope to be discussing different concepts (especially concerning superstrings) with you guys in the near future!

(By the way, I know as much about superstrings as Dantheman does...but I'm still researching and reading material about it)

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome, infinitetime. You'll hopefully find lots of answers to your questions here. :smile:

- Warren

Thanks Warren! By the way, since you live in California, do you know much about Caltech?

Last edited:
ZapperZ has a fantastic amount of information in his Journal. You can get to it by looking at journals or by looking in Academics forum, i believe a link is stickied there.

Highly suggested!

infinitetime said:
Thanks Warren! By the way, since you live in California, do you know much about Caltech?
I know it's in Pasadena. :biggrin:

- Warren

hello infinitetime

some of us are not very knowledgeable in the field at all

merely a breeze passing over the crop planted in it

Related to Upperclassman High Schooler Explores Physics with Experts

What is "Upperclassman High Schooler Explores Physics with Experts"?

"Upperclassman High Schooler Explores Physics with Experts" is an educational program in which high school students are given the opportunity to explore and learn about physics from experts in the field.

Who can participate in this program?

This program is open to high school students who are in their junior or senior year and have a strong interest in physics.

What kind of activities are included in this program?

The activities in this program include hands-on experiments, lectures, discussions, and field trips to physics-related facilities such as laboratories and universities.

What are the benefits of participating in this program?

Participating in this program allows high school students to gain a deeper understanding of physics, interact with and learn from experts in the field, and potentially explore future career opportunities in physics.

Is there a cost to participate in this program?

There is no cost to participate in this program. It is funded by grants and donations to provide access to all students who are interested in exploring physics.