Valentines day, the true meaning of love

• Thread starter Destiny153
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Love
In summary, Valentine's Day is a day where people get more candy and Hallmark gets more money. My boyfriends usually get me things, but I don't really like Valentine's Day. There are a lot of dark songs about it on YouTube. I miss all of my old cars, and I'm looking forward to single's awareness day.
turbo-1 said:
I proposed to my wife in a hand-made card that I created for Valentine's day. We were married exactly 2 weeks later in a private ceremony in our apartment. JoP was a common friend, and the other two participants were our closest friends. 4 people in jeans and T-s (the JoP wore a nice business skirt-suit) and a bottle of not-bad bubbly brought by my best man.

36 years this month - I think we're keeping each other.

You should put a picture of your hand made card here :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
rootX said:
You should put a picture of your hand made card here :smile:
I might dig it out. It's in my wife's box of "treasures" locked away in our fireproof Mosler safe. It's a very simple card, graphically, with a big India-ink and watercolor heart. It's the words inside that melted her.

turbo-1 said:
I might dig it out. It's in my wife's box of "treasures" locked away in our fireproof Mosler safe. It's a very simple card, graphically, with a big India-ink and watercolor heart. It's the words inside that melted her.

I believe you mentioned that card and the box many other times but never really went into deep details like content.

rootX said:
I believe you mentioned that card and the box many other times but never really went into deep details like content.
That box also contains a card and envelope by Borek. He addressed the envelope to me "East of the Kennebec River". My niece is the rural mail carrier, and we all had a laugh about that. There is NO way that she would fail to deliver that card just because it didn't have a street address or box number.

The treasure box also contains "Mother's Day" cards that I made for my wife, "signed" by our tribe of ferrets. I tried to make them funny, with references to the weasels having to watch out for her big feet and other stuff. Hallmark can't pull off that kind of stuff, and they want too much money for their cards anyway. Got art supplies, paper, computer, printer...? With a little thought, you can come up with home-made cards that hit a home run.

Evo,

I just blew my mind I started the first video in posts 16, 17 , and 18 with a five second delay between, 16, 17, and 18 and I am still sitting here twitching from it.

Holy crap, does that mess with your mind, try it and see for yourself, especially with the video from #18. I feel like someone who just came back from a bad acid trip.

Rhody... head still spinning... :eek:

jarednjames said:
A thread about valentines and things people do, and you write "what about this one?" with a big picture of 69 underneath. :smile:

No, look again. It's meaningless 69.

The name of the CD set is 69 Love Songs. That's why it's a 3 CD set. (And, yes, when you sit down and write that many love songs - Some of it is just transcendental; Some of it is just really dumb.)

BobG said:
Some of it is just transcendental; Some of it is just really dumb.)
BobG, you are so cool. :!)

BobG said:
No, look again. It's meaningless 69.

The name of the CD set is 69 Love Songs.

69 Love Songs, what a perfect number to land on given the subject matter, it's as if they planned it! :rolleyes:

Brings things nicely round to the Chi thread and suggestive wording...

And well played there at the end Mr G.

Evo said:
BobG, you are so cool. :!)

Yes, I know, but I can't help it.

I wish I could tell you what I think about you.

fccvalentine_custom.jpg