Vector Function Help: Find F(t), Tangent Line, Point on Curve

In summary, the conversation discusses finding a vector function, parametric equations, and a point on a curve. The first question involves finding a vector function for a curve of intersection between two equations. The second question involves finding parametric equations for a line tangent to a curve at a specific point. The third question involves finding a point at a specific distance along a curve in the opposite direction of increasing arc length. The speaker also requests for the person they are talking to to show what they have tried so that they can receive helpful suggestions.
mercedesbenz
please help me, I try to do but i can not.

1. Find a vector function [tex]F(t)[/tex] whose graph is the curve of intersection of
[tex]z=\sqrt{4-x^2-y^2}[/tex] and [tex]y=x^2[/tex].

2. Find parametric equations for the line that is tangent to the curve [tex]r(t)=(e^t)i+(sin t)j+\ln(1-t)k[/tex] at t=0.

3. Find the point on the curve [tex]r(t)=(12sin t)i-(12cos t)j+(5t)k[/tex]
at a distance [tex]13\pi[/tex] units along the curve from the origin in the direction opposite to the direction of increasing arc length.

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm glad to hear you tried. Please show WHAT you tried so we can we will know what suggestions will help you.

Related to Vector Function Help: Find F(t), Tangent Line, Point on Curve

1. How do I find the vector function F(t)?

To find the vector function F(t), you will need to have the position vector of the curve. Once you have the position vector, you can write it in terms of t. For example, if the position vector is (x(t), y(t), z(t)), then the vector function F(t) would be written as F(t) = (x(t), y(t), z(t)).

2. How do I find the tangent line of a vector function?

To find the tangent line of a vector function, you will need to find the derivative of the function. This will give you the slope of the tangent line at any given point on the curve. To find the equation of the tangent line, use the point-slope formula with the slope and a point on the curve.

3. How do I determine if a point is on the vector curve?

To determine if a point is on the vector curve, you will need to plug in the coordinates of the point into the vector function. If the resulting vector is equal to the point, then the point is on the curve.

4. Can I find the tangent line at a specific point on the vector curve?

Yes, you can find the tangent line at a specific point on the vector curve by finding the derivative of the function at that point and using the point-slope formula to find the equation of the tangent line.

5. How do I use the vector function to find the position of an object at a specific time?

To find the position of an object at a specific time, you will need to plug in the time value into the vector function. This will give you the position vector of the object at that time. You can also use the derivative of the function to find the velocity and acceleration of the object at that time.