Vehilce simulation, matlab simulink

In summary, Cyrusok is developing a vehicle simulation model and needs help determining the braking point. He is using MATLAB and needs an email address to send the model to. He can upload it using a file share service.
tuscan440
hi there, i am currently developing a vehilce simulation model using MATLAB simulink. The simulation requires a vehilce to be simulated traveling around a simple race track. the vehilce model itslef has already been created and have all necessary vehicle input data for the simulation. the problem i have is that i have to simulate the vehicle approaching a corner from a straight line and decelerating at first 0.4g and then 0.8g, so that it travels around the corner at 10m/s. therefore i need to have a function that will determine the braking point relative to the stopping distance, (obviously the same as the distance to corner) and relative to velocity. as i have to perform a sensitivity analysis by changing other parameters the velocity will be different each time it is run so i need the function to determine the braking point by itself. is there any funtion you knwo where i can combine these two input parameters?any help appreciated

i have also posted in the coursework sectin as i was unsure which was most app.

Physics news on Phys.org
ok this no longer seems to be a problem now as i have managed to figure it out, however my calculated deceleration distances and the formula used to calcualte deceleration rates do not seem to match as the vehcile arrives at the corner at 10m/s about 2 seconds too late. i think the problem may be with the forumla used for calculating deceleration rate of the vehilce. i assumed a deceleration of the vehilce at 0.4 g to be = 0.4*9.81*weight of vehilce, if you could let me kno whether this is correct it would be appreciated

cheers

Hey man,

Send me your simulink model. Id like to run it on MATLAB and see how it works. Maybe I can help (probably not).

-Cyrus

ok dude, but i can't find an attachment function in th email. i will need an email address to send it from my email account.

just upload it using a file share service like imageshack.

Related to Vehilce simulation, matlab simulink

1. What is vehicle simulation?

Vehicle simulation is the process of using mathematical models to simulate the behavior of a vehicle in a virtual environment. This allows engineers to analyze and optimize vehicle performance without the need for physical prototypes.

2. What is Matlab Simulink?

Matlab Simulink is a software tool used for modeling, simulating, and analyzing dynamic systems. It uses a graphical programming approach to build models and provides a wide range of simulation and analysis tools for various engineering applications.

3. How is vehicle simulation useful?

Vehicle simulation is useful for designing and testing new vehicle systems, evaluating performance under different conditions, and identifying potential issues before physical prototyping. It also allows for faster and more cost-effective development and optimization of vehicle designs.

4. What types of vehicles can be simulated using Matlab Simulink?

Matlab Simulink can be used to simulate various types of vehicles, including cars, trucks, trains, planes, and spacecrafts. It can also be used for simulating vehicle components such as engines, transmissions, and control systems.

5. Are there any limitations to vehicle simulation using Matlab Simulink?

While Matlab Simulink is a powerful tool for vehicle simulation, it does have some limitations. It may not accurately capture all aspects of vehicle behavior, and the accuracy of the simulation results depends on the quality of the input data and models used. Additionally, it may not be suitable for simulating highly complex or nonlinear systems.