Velleman problem 5(d) section 7.2

• MHB
  • Thread starter issacnewton
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Section
In summary, the conversation discusses the proof of the statement \( ^{\mathbb{Z^+}}\mathcal{P}(\mathbb{Z^+})\;\sim\; \mathcal{P}(\mathbb{Z^+}) \) using the facts that \( \mathcal{P}(\mathbb{Z^+})\;\sim\; ^{\mathbb{Z^+}}\{0,1\} \) and \( ^{(A\times B)}C\;\sim\; ^{A}( ^{B}C) \). It is also shown that \( ^{\mathbb{Z^+}}\mathcal{P}(\mathbb{
issacnewton
Hi I have to prove

\[ ^{\mathbb{Z^+}}\mathcal{P}(\mathbb{Z^+})\;\sim\; \mathcal{P}(\mathbb{Z^+}) \]

here is my attempt. I have proven that \( \mathcal{P}(\mathbb{Z^+})\;\sim\; ^{\mathbb{Z^+}}\{0,1\} \). Also I am going to use the fact that
if \( A\;\sim B \) and \( C\;\sim D \) then \( ^{A}C\;\sim ^{B}D \). So we get

\[ ^{\mathbb{Z^+}}\mathcal{P}(\mathbb{Z^+})\;\sim\; ^{\mathbb{Z^+}}(^{\mathbb{Z^+}} \{0,1\} ) \]

Also I have proven that for any sets A,B,C we have \( ^{(A\times B)}C\;\sim\; ^{A}( ^{B}C) \). So

\[ ^{\mathbb{Z^+}}\mathcal{P}(\mathbb{Z^+})\;\sim\; ^{(\mathbb{Z^+}\times \mathbb{Z^+} )} \{0,1\} \]

Since \( \mathbb{Z^+}\times \mathbb{Z^+}\;\sim \mathbb{Z^+} \) and \( \{0,1\}\;\sim \{0,1\} \) , we have

\[ ^{(\mathbb{Z^+}\times \mathbb{Z^+} )} \{0,1\}\;\sim\; ^{\mathbb{Z^+}} \{0,1\} \]

So it follows that
\[ ^{\mathbb{Z^+}}\mathcal{P}(\mathbb{Z^+})\;\sim\; ^{\mathbb{Z^+}} \{0,1\} \]

since \( \mathcal{P}(\mathbb{Z^+})\;\sim\; ^{\mathbb{Z^+}}\{0,1\} \) , we get

\[ ^{\mathbb{Z^+}}\mathcal{P}(\mathbb{Z^+})\;\sim\; \mathcal{P}(\mathbb{Z^+}) \]

Is it ok ?

(Emo)

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, I think this is fine.

FAQ: Velleman problem 5(d) section 7.2

What is the Velleman problem 5(d) section 7.2?

The Velleman problem 5(d) section 7.2 is a mathematical problem that involves determining the number of ways a set of objects can be arranged in a specific order.

What is the purpose of this problem?

The purpose of this problem is to practice and apply mathematical concepts such as permutations and combinations in a real-world scenario.

What are the steps to solving this problem?

The steps to solving this problem typically involve identifying the total number of objects, deciding on the arrangement or order, and then using mathematical formulas to calculate the total number of possible arrangements.

What are some tips for solving this problem?

Some tips for solving this problem include carefully reading and understanding the problem, breaking it down into smaller parts, and using visual aids or diagrams to help with the calculations.

What are some real-life applications of this problem?

This problem can be applied in various fields such as statistics, probability, and computer science. It can also be used in practical situations such as arranging a schedule or optimizing a process.