Very very beginner books in Physics

In summary, the person is new to the forum and looking for resources to learn physics as a beginner. They have done some research and found a book called "Feynnman Lectures on Physics" but are unsure if it is suitable for beginners. They mention their current level of mathematics is intermediate and they are proficient in Math 1 and currently learning Math 2. The other person suggests starting with something like Savov and provides a link to a book preview. The original person thanks them and mentions their level of mathematics is good for physics, but the other person clarifies that for physics, proficiency in Calculus is necessary.
mecevik
Hi!
I am new to this forum. If there is a topic similar to this plase ignore me for not seeing it.
In the last months, I have a feeling of wishing of learning physics. Therefore, I did some research that how to learn. I looked at a lot of sites but couldn't findy any specific books that are for foreigner of physics. I did find only one book called Feynnman Lectures on Physics. But when i looked at its comments, some of its readers say that this may not appropriate for beginners.
So, I would like to ask you again.
I should state that myknowlodge at physics very poor. Even nothing.

Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
What is your level of mathematics?

Intermediate.

I live neither in America nor in England. Sorry for not understanding. In my country Math of essential education consist of two sections. One includes equations, powered numbers, root numbers and the others that can be called easy. And the other includes the topics like integral. I am very good at Math 1. And i learning math 2 now.

Greg Bernhardt said:
So you've taken a couple calculus classes?
Why aren't you answering?

mecevik said:
Why aren't you answering?
Because I am not sure we understand what exactly the level of your math education is. You have to do the required math if you want to learn physics. There are books that use Algebra to teach physics but I am not sure I like any of them. Why don't you start with something like Savov and then ask questions here if you get stuck.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0992001005/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Here is an extended preview https://minireference.com/static/excerpts/noBSguide_v5_preview.pdf - see whether this works for you. This is a very good book by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
My
smodak said:
Because I am not sure we understand what exactly the level of your math education is. You have to do the required math if you want to learn physics. There are books that use Algebra to teach physics but I am not sure I like any of them. Why don't you start with something like Savov and then ask questions here if you get stuck.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0992001005/?tag=pfamazon01-20

Here is an extended preview https://minireference.com/static/excerpts/noBSguide_v5_preview.pdf - see whether this works for you. This is a very good book by the way.
Thanks for reply. I will take a look at what you said. Also my level of mathematics is good for physics. At least i think so.

Last edited by a moderator:
mecevik said:
Also my level of mathematics is good for physics.

For physics you need to be proficient in Calculus which consists of derivatives and integrals. I would say the bare minimum for beginner physics is being able to take a derivative and an integral (and knowing what it means to do so).

Related to Very very beginner books in Physics

1. What are "very very beginner books in Physics?"

"Very very beginner books in Physics" are introductory textbooks that cover the basic concepts and principles of physics at a very basic level. They are geared towards individuals with little to no background knowledge in physics and are typically used in high school or introductory college courses.

2. Why are these types of books important?

These books are important because they provide a foundation for understanding the fundamental laws and principles of the physical world. Without a basic understanding of physics, it can be difficult to comprehend more advanced concepts in science and engineering.

3. Who are these books intended for?

These books are intended for anyone who is interested in learning about physics, regardless of their background or prior knowledge. They are typically used by high school students, college students, and individuals who are looking to expand their understanding of the physical world.

4. What topics are typically covered in "very very beginner books in Physics?"

These books cover a range of topics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, and modern physics. They also introduce important concepts such as measurement, units, and scientific notation.

5. Are these books a substitute for a formal physics education?

No, these books are not a substitute for a formal physics education. They are meant to provide a basic understanding of the subject and serve as a starting point for further exploration. To become a professional physicist, one would need to pursue higher education and gain a deeper understanding of the subject.