View open windows in Mathematica

In summary, to view all open windows in Mathematica, you can use the WindowList[] function or the Ctrl + Tab shortcut. You can also view a specific open window by using the SelectWindow[] function or the Ctrl + Shift + Tab shortcut. To switch between open windows, you can use the WindowSwitcher[] function or the Ctrl + ~ shortcut. There are also ways to arrange open windows, such as using the TileWindows[] function or manually resizing and arranging windows. To close open windows, you can use the CloseWindow[] function, the CloseAll[] function, or the X button on the top right corner of a window.
swooshfactory
Is there a way to bring up all of the notebook you're currently working with in Mathematica? Sometimes, a notebook I'm using disappears and I can't call it back up.

Physics news on Phys.org
Menu bar -> Window -> Stack Windows

Happens to me sometimes too, it's some bug I think.

Related to View open windows in Mathematica

1. How do I view all open windows in Mathematica?

To view all open windows in Mathematica, you can use the WindowList[] function. This will return a list of all open windows in the current session. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + Tab to cycle through open windows.

2. Can I view a specific open window in Mathematica?

Yes, you can view a specific open window in Mathematica by using the SelectWindow[] function. This allows you to specify the window you want to view by providing its title or index in the WindowList[] output. You can also use the Ctrl + Shift + Tab shortcut to cycle through open windows in reverse order.

3. How do I switch between open windows in Mathematica?

To switch between open windows in Mathematica, you can use the WindowSwitcher[] function. This will bring up a window that displays all open windows in a grid, allowing you to select the one you want to switch to. You can also use the Ctrl + ~ shortcut to toggle between open windows.

4. Is there a way to arrange open windows in Mathematica?

Yes, there are a few ways to arrange open windows in Mathematica. You can use the TileWindows[] function to automatically tile all open windows on the screen. You can also manually resize and arrange windows by dragging their edges or using the WindowMargins option.

5. How can I close open windows in Mathematica?

To close open windows in Mathematica, you can use the CloseWindow[] function. This will close the currently selected window. You can also use the CloseAll[] function to close all open windows at once. Additionally, you can click the X button on the top right corner of a window to close it.