Volume of Pyramid: 28370.082 m3

• Thread starter movsesinator1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Volume
In summary, the conversation revolved around finding the volume of a pyramid with a base area of 20.4 acres and a height of 69 ft. Using the formula V=(1/3)bh, the volume was calculated to be 578,749.7 cubic meters. There was also a discussion on unit conversions, with 1 acre equaling 43,560 ft^2 and 1 ft^2 equaling 0.0283168466 m^3. Ultimately, the problem was solved and the thread was closed.
movsesinator1

Homework Statement

The base of a pyramid covers an area of 20.4 acres (1 acre = 43, 560 ft^2) and has a
height of 69 ft.

Find the volume of this pyramid in cubic meters. Answer in units of m3.

Homework Equations

V of Pyramid= (1/3)bh

where 'b' is 43,560 ft^2

The Attempt at a Solution

My attempt at the solution got me 28370.082 cubic meters after converting.

Physics news on Phys.org
Don't you mean b= 43,561*20.4 ft2?

Also how many m= 1 ft?

Yes that's what i meant. I just redid my solution. Several figures off lol. But please, attempt the problem so i can check my answer

might i add that the question wants the answer in sigfigs

also about the conversions. let's just find the answer in cubic feet first. the conversion can be done afterwards

Last edited:
movsesinator1 said:
also about the conversions. let's just find the answer in cubic feet first. the conversion can be done afterwards

I was asking because I didn't know.

V=1/3*20.4*43560*69

and according to google 1ft2=0.0283168466 m3

so I get 578,749.7m3

thanks that's what i got. this problem was extremely simple i was just exhausted and tried skipping steps foolishly.

guess its time to close this thread

FAQ: Volume of Pyramid: 28370.082 m3

What is the formula for finding the volume of a pyramid?

The formula for finding the volume of a pyramid is (1/3) * base area * height.

How do you find the base area of a pyramid?

The base area of a pyramid can be found by multiplying the length and width of the base together.

What are the units for measuring volume?

The units for measuring volume can vary based on the context, but some common units are cubic meters, cubic feet, and liters.

Can the volume of a pyramid be negative?

No, the volume of a pyramid cannot be negative. Volume is a measure of the amount of space an object occupies and therefore cannot be a negative value.

How is the volume of a pyramid different from the volume of a cone?

The volume of a pyramid is (1/3) * base area * height, while the volume of a cone is (1/3) * base area * height. The main difference is that a pyramid has a polygonal base, while a cone has a circular base.