VOTE Photo Contest - I Need Some Zzzzz's (Group 1)

In summary, the conversation is about a contest where creative people are coming up with entries starting with the letter "Z". There are six entries, including a zebra, a zipper, and a zero. The voting will be in two groups and each person has one vote to cast in each group. There is discussion about the different entries and ultimately, Robphy's photo of a zero is chosen as the winner. The deadline for voting is approaching.

VOTE PF Photo Contest - I Need Some Zzzzzz's (Group 1)

• robphy

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • ~christina~

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • alex_caps

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • neutrino

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • glondor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moonbear

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
We have creative people here coming up with a lot of Z's. The voting will be in 2 groups, and you have one vote to cast in each group.

Please vote for the best picture that represents our theme, which is something that starts with the letter "Z".

1. robphy - Zero
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/4276/dscn0976sh2.jpg

2. ~christina~ - Zebra
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/4964/whatazebraseesbywhitepeas0.jpg

3. alex_caps - Zipper
http://bikeflat.com/albums/album14/DSC_5649.sized.jpg

4. neutrino - Zircon-studded pendent
IMG_2276.jpg

5. glondor - Zebra
Picture923.jpg

6. Moonbear - Zero
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/6506/zerojb4.jpg

Contest thread

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey, my entry was Zip, Zilch, Zero. :biggrin: I was hoping for extra points for using extra Z's. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I love Christina's zebra...just beautiful.

I thought Moonbear's entry waz very clever. :biggrin:

But like Moonbear, I love ~christina~'s Zebra.

I liked Chrisina's Zebra too, but Robphy's shot was nicely planned with great focus, great color and excellent perspective. I especially like the skewed Z square to draw more attention to it. So, I had to vote for Robphy.

larkspur said:
I liked Chrisina's Zebra too, but Robphy's shot was nicely planned with great focus, great color and excellent perspective. I especially like the skewed Z square to draw more attention to it. So, I had to vote for Robphy.

That was my second choice...very close second that is. I think it's harder to get a good shot of a live animal than a stationary scrabble board though. :biggrin:

You have less than 2 days left to vote in the first round of this contest.

Zz.

Related to VOTE Photo Contest - I Need Some Zzzzz's (Group 1)

1. What is the purpose of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - I Need Some Zzzzz's"?

The purpose of the contest is to showcase photographs that capture the theme of "I Need Some Zzzzz's" and to allow members of the group to vote for their favorite submissions.

2. Who can participate in the contest?

Any member of the group can participate by submitting a photograph that fits the theme and following the contest rules.

3. How many entries can I submit?

You can submit one photograph per contest. However, you can participate in multiple contests with different themes.

4. How are the winners selected?

The winners are selected through a group voting process. Members of the group can vote for their favorite submissions and the photographs with the highest number of votes will be declared the winners.

5. What are the prizes for the winners?

The prizes for the winners may vary and will be announced at the start of the contest. They may include recognition within the group, a feature on the group's page, or a small gift or prize.