VOTE Photo Contest - Singing In The Rain

In summary, the photos in this week's Photofest contest show both the difficulty and the simplicity of getting a good shot of the rain. The difficulty is in getting a good shot that clearly shows the rain, while the simplicity is that you simply have to vote for the picture that clearly shows the rain!

VOTE PF Photo Contest - Singing In The Rain

• edward

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chi Meson

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • larkspur

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • binzing

• Borek

• turbo-1

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • JasonRox

• matthyaouw

• hypatia

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • gendou2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
This week's theme is both difficult and simple. The difficulty is to get a good shot that clearly shows the rain. The simple thing is that you simply have to vote for the picture that clearly shows the rain! :)

1. edward
http://img181.imageshack.us/img181/9030/1000308ox8.jpg

2. Chi Meson
DSCN0039-1.jpg

3. larkspur
2837051925_e851debef8_o.jpg

4. binzing
rsz_Flashflood012.jpg

5. Borek
raining.jpg

6. turbo-1
rainsunflowers.jpg

7. JasonRox
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4922/img0597fr2.jpg

8. matthyaouw
rainb-1.jpg

9. hypatia
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/hypatia3811/Rain_May_29_2005_3.jpg

10. gendou2
2809927645_44bc2d7c75.jpg

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=254083".

Zz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
A tough one, color contrast is for larkspur, but the background bokey distracts. Best composition is Matthyaouw. But the sense of misery in the rain is between Hypatia and Turbo. I voted for the rainest.

Tough one (as always).
I'm going to have to go for Hypatia as I like the dark & moody feel it has.

Lots of GREAT photos, as usual. I had to go with JasonRox for fitting the theme the best. Everyone else looks sad in the rain, Jason's is the only one with happiness/singing in the rain.

Moonbear said:
Lots of GREAT photos, as usual. I had to go with JasonRox for fitting the theme the best. Everyone else looks sad in the rain, Jason's is the only one with happiness/singing in the rain.

and you feel no guilt voting against larkspur or matthyaouw?

Moonbear said:

Singing does not need to be happy. My boy Simon was actually doing a bit of Puccini there. I like those sunflowers, though.

The rainy sunflowers got me.

Chi Meson said:
Singing does not need to be happy. My boy Simon was actually doing a bit of Puccini there. I like those sunflowers, though.
I think if we can photoshop that sad dog picture into the drenched sunflowers, we have a winner.

They are all so great, I can't decide yet.

You have 2 days left to vote in this contest. Will larkspur once again run away with a PF Photo contest with her strawberries, or can turbo catch her?

Zz.

Final day to cast a vote. larkspur is still leading, but she's not pulling away.

Zz.

Related to VOTE Photo Contest - Singing In The Rain

1. What is the purpose of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Singing In The Rain"?

The purpose of the contest is to celebrate the beauty and diversity of nature through photography, specifically capturing the theme of "Singing In The Rain". It aims to encourage people to explore the outdoors and appreciate the wonders of nature.

2. Who can participate in the contest?

The contest is open to everyone, regardless of age, nationality, or profession. Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to join.

3. How can I submit my entry for the contest?

To submit your entry, you can visit the official website of the "VOTE PF Photo Contest - Singing In The Rain" and follow the instructions for submission. Make sure to read the guidelines carefully and submit your photo before the deadline.

4. What are the criteria for judging the photos?

The photos will be judged based on creativity, originality, technical excellence, and how well it captures the theme of "Singing In The Rain". The judges will also consider the overall impact and emotional connection of the photo.

5. What are the prizes for the winners?

The top three winners will receive cash prizes, while the top ten photos will be featured in a photo exhibition. The winners will also have their photos published in a special edition book and promoted on various media platforms.