Vote-Your City/Neighborhood Photo Contest 2

In summary, there are a lot of great pictures in this contest. Some photos are beautiful for different reasons, while others are more scenic. It is hard to pick a favorite, but Burnsys' picture gets my vote. 0TheSwerve0's photo is also very good, but it is hard to choose between them.

City/Neighbohood Photo Contest 2

• twisting_edge

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • scorpa

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Gale

• Burnsys

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Integral

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • marcusl

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Ivan Seeking

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Danger

• 0TheSwerve0

Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Loseyourname

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ZapperZ
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
Insights Author
Group 2

1. twisting_edge
chrysler_h.jpg

2. scorpa
PicsofHome022.jpg

3. Gale
http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/8914/newhampshire0314yj.jpg

4. Burnsys
http://200.49.210.251/chasco/Contest.jpg

5. Integral
https://home.comcast.net/~integral50/scenery/west.JPG

6. marcusl
http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/9781/fallcolorfromyard8gt.jpg

7. Ivan Seeking
http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/7030/snow7pc.jpg

8. Danger
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/6271/goatsjpg4st.jpg

9. 0TheSwerve0
NaplesSunsetredgold.jpg

10. loseyourname
http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/6623/hillandfarm19kk.jpg

Attachments

• chrysler_h.jpg
    chrysler_h.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 316
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Now, how is anyone supposed to decide on these? They're all too pretty, for different reasons. Some have some very beautiful views, and others interesting composition, and others cool angles/perspective, and others gorgeous colors.

It's pretty nifty seeing the types of places people live.

This is impossible. They're all great for different reasons, asMB said.

I think twisting_edge should have posted the view from his kitchen, it's really unusual. (he's a friend of mine)

I agree with Moonbear and Evo, it's a 10-way tie. :biggrin:

I love the mountains and the ocean and the pastoral areas.

marcusl's picture of the Front Range is very alluring. I've there many times. :-p

Burnsys's and 0swerves0's pictures look very appealing. :-p

It would be hard to pick only one.

Again, there's some really great stuff in there. 0TheSwerve0's, though, is just about the most stunning shot that I've ever seen.

Yeah, there are definitely a lot of great pics on here.

Burnsys gets my vote. He has the best composition. It is an all around good photo and has a human side to it with the two little boys fishing. You can feel the air becoming cool as the sun is setting in the background.

The other photos are too isolated for my taste. Although, I do like looseyournames photo, just not as much as I like Burnsys', but its close.

For some reason, 0TheSwerve0's photograph reminds me of the movie Apocalypse Now.

Last edited:
0TheSwereve0's an Burnsys's are the best. I voted for Burnsys's though becuase I thought TheSwerve's seemed a bit... artificial? The island on the right looks like an island in Universal Studios or Disney World, and the ripples on the lake are too perfect.

Well, that sounds bad. Burnsys's is the most captivating maybe I mean, you feel like "you're in it." Hahaha, like cyrus said, you can feel the cool air setting as the sun does the same.

More like landscape pics - some people have strange neighbourhoods...

It was a tough call,, but I went with Burnsys. The shot from 0TheSwereve0 is quite excellent though - first time I've felt a little homesick for Long Beach in years!

J77 said:

That's the field and farmhouse across the street from me.

loseyourname said:
That's the field and farmhouse across the street from me.
:smile: Bet you don't have to worry about upsetting the neighbours with parties, then :biggrin:

I voted for ivan seeking's picture, i love snow but we don't have much were i live. i look at the picture and i feel like runing and rolling naked there (of course i would freeze to death) but that's the feeling. It also reminds me of a computer game (Return to castle wolfestein) in one of it's snow levels.

Last edited:
This is a reminder that if you haven't voted yet for this contest, you have less than 2 days left to do so. Note that you have two votes to cast, one for each group.

A run-off and final voting will commence after this voting period ends.

Zz.

J77 said:

Mine is the view out of my bedroom window, we don't have neighbours for miles so that's all you see.

I had to go for loseyourname that land looks so fertile how could you choose anything else?

scorpa said:
Mine is the view out of my bedroom window, we don't have neighbours for miles so that's all you see.
I was just joking around - I know you people in North America consider a neighbour as someone who lives within 100 miles of your house :biggrin: :wink:

Yay someone gave me a pity vote...haha.

Related to Vote-Your City/Neighborhood Photo Contest 2

1. What is the purpose of the Vote-Your City/Neighborhood Photo Contest 2?

The purpose of this contest is to encourage community engagement and showcase the beauty and diversity of cities and neighborhoods around the world through photography.

2. Who can participate in the Vote-Your City/Neighborhood Photo Contest 2?

The contest is open to anyone who has a passion for photography and wants to share their unique perspective of their city or neighborhood.

3. How do I enter the Vote-Your City/Neighborhood Photo Contest 2?

To enter the contest, simply submit your photo through the designated entry form on the contest website. Make sure to read the rules and guidelines carefully before submitting your photo.

4. How are the winners of the Vote-Your City/Neighborhood Photo Contest 2 selected?

The winners will be selected through a combination of public voting and judging by a panel of experts in the field of photography. The photos with the highest number of votes and the most creative and visually appealing images will have a higher chance of winning.

5. What are the prizes for the winners of the Vote-Your City/Neighborhood Photo Contest 2?

The winners will receive recognition and exposure for their work, as well as prizes such as cash, photography equipment, and gift cards. The specific prizes may vary depending on the sponsor of the contest.